Clint Carnell Named CEO of InBrace
InBrace, the orthodontic company behind the novel Smartwire® technology, announced today that Clint Carnell will join as Chief Executive Officer to lead InBrace through the next growth phase. InBrace, one of the fastest growing companies in the $40 billion orthodontics market, is accelerating growth with the recent launch of the Company’s Generation-2 Smartwire, sales force expansion, and the launch of InStudio training and experience centers throughout North America.
“I’m excited to bring the InBrace Smartwire technology to market, giving orthodontists and patients more options for teeth straightening,” said Clint Carnell, CEO of InBrace. “InBrace believes you shouldn’t have to look worse before looking better and our Smile Now Smartwire addresses a significant unmet need clinically and aesthetically.”
“As a board member for the last two years, I’ve been impressed with the quality of investors, the InBrace team, and the commitment to disrupting orthodontics with a revolutionary technology,” noted Carnell. “I’m looking forward to continuing to work with Dr. John Pham, both in his role as a board director, and as he transitions into his new role of Chief Medical Officer. John’s new role will allow him to work more closely with our providers and drive the expansion of our InStudio experience centers to help speed up InBrace adoption.”
“Clint and I have worked closely during his time as a board member,” said Dr. Pham, co-founder of InBrace. “Clint’s commercial and public company experience are additive to our mission and are complementary to my expertise. This fits with my vision to elevate the orthodontic experience and I’m thrilled for what this transition allows InBrace to accomplish.”
“Members of the board and I have known Clint for years and watched his success in the health & aesthetic space with HydraFacial, Solta Medical and OrangeTwist,” said Joe Siletto, Chairman of the Board from Vivo Capital. “We are excited for Clint to bring his experience and passion to lead the next phase of InBrace growth.”
InBrace recently raised over $100MM in its Series D financing from funds and accounts managed by BlackRock, Endeavour Vision, Farallon Capital Management, Marshall Wace LLP, MVM Partners, Novo Holdings, RTW Investments, LP., Soleus Capital, venBio and Vivo Capital.
- Eloxx Pharmaceuticals Announces Final Data Assessment from Phase 2 Combination Clinical Trial of ELX-02 in Class 1 Cystic Fibrosis Patients Read more
- Verge Genomics Announces Positive Safety and Tolerability Data from the Phase 1 Clinical Trial of VRG50635, a Potential Best-in-Class Therapeutic for All Forms of ALS Read more
- DEM BioPharma Appoints Wendy Young, Ph.D., to Scientific Advisory Board Read more
- Confo Therapeutics Enters into Research Collaboration for GPCR-Targeting Antibody Discovery with AbCellera Read more
- Vyriad Announces Expansion of T-Cell Lymphoma Trial at Mayo Clinic Read more