Akumin Appoints President and Chief Operating Officer
Akumin, a national partner of choice for U.S. hospitals, health systems and physician groups, with comprehensive solutions addressing outsourced radiology and oncology service-line needs, has announced the appointment of Krishna Kumar as President and Chief Operating Officer of the Company, effective as of June 16, 2023.
Krishna has valuable experience and exceptional insight into the radiology space, having served as Senior Vice President & Business Leader – Precision Diagnosis at Philips North America, where he built a top performing team and business, over the last four years. Prior to this role, he led global businesses in Pathology, Oncology and Neuro at Philips based in Amsterdam, Netherlands from 2015-2019 and prior thereto was the CEO of Philips India.
Before joining Philips, Krishna served in leadership roles across the US, Japan, China and India with Johnson & Johnson, where he was instrumental in building and scaling up many high growth businesses with innovative go-to-market strategies.
“Krishna brings a powerful combination of strategic thinking, operational and organization development experience and strong relationships with health systems across North America that will be invaluable to Akumin and our stakeholders. I have had the pleasure of knowing Krishna for several years and am very excited to now be working with him as part of our senior management team as we continue to grow Akumin,” said Riadh Zine, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Akumin.
Krishna is a Master of Business Administration (MBA) graduate from the Kellogg School of Management at Northwestern University, holds a post-graduate degree in management from the Indian Institute of Management and an undergraduate degree from Bangalore University in India.
- Eloxx Pharmaceuticals Announces Final Data Assessment from Phase 2 Combination Clinical Trial of ELX-02 in Class 1 Cystic Fibrosis Patients Read more
- Verge Genomics Announces Positive Safety and Tolerability Data from the Phase 1 Clinical Trial of VRG50635, a Potential Best-in-Class Therapeutic for All Forms of ALS Read more
- DEM BioPharma Appoints Wendy Young, Ph.D., to Scientific Advisory Board Read more
- Confo Therapeutics Enters into Research Collaboration for GPCR-Targeting Antibody Discovery with AbCellera Read more
- Vyriad Announces Expansion of T-Cell Lymphoma Trial at Mayo Clinic Read more