Almirall Appoints Mercedes Diz as VP, Corporate Strategy
Almirall, a global biopharmaceutical company focused on skin health, today announced that Mercedes Diz will assume the position of VP Corporate Strategy and will join Almirall’s Management Board as of December 1. Diz joined Almirall in 2002 and, since 2021, has held the position of Senior Director of Corporate Strategy, leading key strategic processes and projects for Almirall and defining the priorities to achieve the company’s long-term ambition in medical dermatology.
Among her previous roles at Almirall, Diz has been responsible for managing commercial activities in several affiliates (Austria, Belgium, Netherlands, Nordics, Poland, Switzerland, and the UK), as well as leading global commercial support functions, including Global Alliance Management & Partners and Licensing & Corporate Development. From 2018 to 2020, Diz successfully led the Global marketing and market access team in charge of the company’s Strategic Global Brands. During her tenure, Almirall launched its first biologic into the psoriasis market.
Mercedes Diz holds a Biochemistry and Molecular Biology degree from Madrid Autonomous University. Before Almirall, she performed local sales and marketing roles at Pfizer, Allergan, DuPont Pharma and J&J.
“Mercedes has been a key player for the company, leading strategic projects for Almirall. Among them, Mercedes, together with a multidisciplinary team, developed Almirall’s Long-Term Strategic Plan, setting the priorities on our journey to become the best Medical Dermatology company,” says Carlos Gallardo, Chairman and interim CEO of Almirall. “I am convinced that she will continue to bring great value to Almirall as a new member of the Management Board,” he adds.
“I am delighted to take on this new challenge and to be able to continue to contribute to the growth of the company. My appointment also reflects the commitment Almirall has to fostering internal talent development. My appreciation goes out to the company and to the many incredible colleagues and leaders who inspire me every day to pursue our purpose of transforming patients’ world”, says Mercedes Diz, Almirall’s VP Corporate Strategy.
Companies In This Post
- Treadwell Therapeutics Announces the Appointment of Roger Sidhu, M.D., as Chief Medical Officer Read more
- Personalis and Moderna Sign New Agreement to Leverage NeXT Platform™ in Personalized mRNA Cancer Vaccine Clinical Trials Read more
- Trelleborg to Expand its BioPharmaceutical Manufacturing Footprint in Europe Read more
- Revive Therapeutics Enters into Research Collaboration Agreement with PharmaTher for Development of MDMA Transdermal Patch Read more
- Accenture Expands Strategy Capabilities in Life Sciences with the Acquisition of Bionest Read more