Vesigen Therapeutics Names Rakhshita Dhar to Board of Directors
Vesigen Therapeutics, a biotechnology company developing transformative therapeutics by engineering naturally existing vesicles, today announced the addition of Rakhshita Dhar, Senior Director of Venture Investments Health at Leaps by Bayer, to its Board of Directors.
“We are pleased to welcome Rakhshita to our Board of Directors, and for her to join us on our mission to develop transformative therapeutics enabled by our novel and differentiated delivery technology,” said Vesigen Chief Executive Officer, Paulash Mohsen. “Since our launch, we have significantly advanced our drug discovery programs and look forward to working with Rakhshita and other Board of Directors to help guide our programs towards the clinic and patients with unmet medical needs.”
Dhar brings years of global life sciences perspective to Vesigen. At Leaps by Bayer, she is responsible for search and evaluation and healthcare-focused investment. She currently sits on the boards of Deka Biosciences, Gro Bio, and Edifice Health. Prior to joining Leaps, Rakhshita was Director of Business Development at Roche Pharmaceuticals. She also spent a few years at MassBio developing an accelerator program for life-science start-ups. She earned her Undergraduate degree in Biochemistry from Mumbai University and her Master’s in Molecular Biology from Georgetown University.
“It’s an exciting time at Vesigen and I am glad to join the board as the team continues to gain advancements in their novel drug delivery platform with the power to address current challenges and deliver innovative therapies to patients,” said Rakhshita Dhar. “Leaps by Bayer is committed to investing in paradigm-shifting technologies that can transform the lives of millions of patients.”
- OliX Pharmaceuticals Receives Regulatory Approval to Commence Phase 1 Clinical Trial of Treatment of Androgenic Alopecia Read more
- Bayer Expands Global Clinical Program for NUBEQA® (darolutamide) in Prostate Cancer Read more
- BIOTECanada Welcomes Government of Canada’s Strategy on Improving Access to Care for Patients with Rare Diseases Read more
- Marinus Pharmaceuticals Receives FDA Orphan Drug Designation for Ganaxolone in the Treatment of Lennox-Gastaut Syndrome Read more
- Aurion Biotech Receives Approval from Japan’s PMDA for New Drug Application Read more