Vanda Pharmaceuticals Appoints Dr. Tage Honoré to its Board of Directors
Vanda Pharmaceuticals today announced the appointment of Dr Tage Honoré, Ph.D., D.Sc. to its Board of Directors effective March 15, 2023. Following Dr. Honoré’s appointment, Vanda’s Board of Directors is now comprised of six directors, five of whom are independent.
“Tage is a highly accomplished industry leader and respected scientist with deep experience across a diverse range of therapeutic areas,” said Mihael H. Polymeropoulos, M.D., Vanda’s President, CEO and Chairman of the Board. “We are confident that his scientific expertise and executive experience will be invaluable, and look forward to working with him as we continue to deliver innovative therapies for patients.”
Dr. Honoré currently serves as President of Aestus Partners LLC, a business advisory firm with deep roots in the life sciences sector. Before Vanda, Dr Tage Honoré held executive leadership roles at Novo Nordisk, Novartis and Purdue Pharma. In addition to his executive accomplishments, Dr. Honoré is a distinguished researcher, credited with discovering and naming the AMPA subtype of Excitatory Amino Acid Receptors, as well as developing the AMPA antagonists CNQX and NBQX, which have played a critical role in advancing scientific understanding in this field. He is also the author of over 100 peer-reviewed scientific articles.
Dr. Honoré received his MSc in Pharmaceutical Science, Ph.D. in Medicinal Chemistry and D.Sc. in Neuropharmacology from the University of Copenhagen.
- Eloxx Pharmaceuticals Announces Final Data Assessment from Phase 2 Combination Clinical Trial of ELX-02 in Class 1 Cystic Fibrosis Patients Read more
- Verge Genomics Announces Positive Safety and Tolerability Data from the Phase 1 Clinical Trial of VRG50635, a Potential Best-in-Class Therapeutic for All Forms of ALS Read more
- DEM BioPharma Appoints Wendy Young, Ph.D., to Scientific Advisory Board Read more
- Confo Therapeutics Enters into Research Collaboration for GPCR-Targeting Antibody Discovery with AbCellera Read more
- Vyriad Announces Expansion of T-Cell Lymphoma Trial at Mayo Clinic Read more