Tvardi Therapeutics Appoints John Kauh, M.D. as Chief Medical Officer
Tvardi Therapeutics, a privately held, clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company focused on the development of STAT3 inhibitors, announced the appointment of John Kauh, M.D. to the position of Chief Medical Officer. Dr. Kauh is a board-certified medical oncologist with proven leadership in early- and late-phase drug development including US and EU regulatory submissions for drug approval.
“We are delighted to have John join the Tvardi team, bolstering our leadership team with medical and drug development expertise. John’s background in clinical trial oversight and regulatory interactions comes at a critical time as we have initiated Phase 2 trials in liver cancer, breast cancer, and idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis,” said Imran Alibhai, Ph.D., CEO of Tvardi.
Before joining Tvardi, Dr John Kauh most recently served as Vice President of Clinical Development at HUTCHMED where he oversaw clinical development of agents ranging from Phase 1 to Phase 3. He provided medical oversight to various global clinical trials evaluating small-molecule inhibitors in oncology and personally led the NDA and MAA regulatory submissions for surufatinib. Previously, he led early-phase oncology development for Glenmark Pharmaceuticals. He began his career in industry at Eli Lilly where he oversaw clinical development of multiple early-phase oncology assets as well as late-stage trials of ramucirumab (CYRAMZA®). Prior to his transition into industry, Dr. Kauh was an Associate Professor at Emory University School of Medicine with a focus in gastrointestinal medical oncology and early-phase drug development.
- Insmed Completes Enrollment of Adult Patients in Phase 3 ASPEN Study of Brensocatib in Bronchiectasis Read more
- NEC Establishes Subsidiaries in Europe for Strengthening Global AI Drug Development Business Read more
- Flare Therapeutics Further Strengthens Leadership Team with Key Executive Appointments and Promotions Read more
- Sensorion Appoints Khalil Barrage as Interim Chairman of the Board Read more
- Ablaze Pharmaceuticals Plans Development of Innovative GPC3 Targeted Radiopharmaceutical Therapy for Liver Cancer in Greater China Read more