Toragen Announces Appointment of Chief Scientific Officer
Toragen, a San Diego-based biotechnology company focused on developing, repurposing and commercializing uniquely selective drugs targeting cancers caused by the human papillomavirus, announced today that it has promoted Rick Lumpkin, PhD to the role of Chief Scientific Officer.
Dr. Lumpkin joined Toragen in late 2018 as a consultant and became a fulltime employee in mid-2022. Sandra Coufal, MD, Toragen CEO said, “We are thrilled to have Rick as our Chief Scientific Officer as he brings over 30 years of significant experience in early-stage biotechnology companies and synthetic chemistry. Rick has already made important discoveries at Toragen and has directed the foundational science to swiftly proceed to the clinic.”
Prior to Toragen, Dr. Lumpkin served as a founding employee at Global Blood Therapeutics, Portola Pharmaceuticals and Millennium Pharmaceuticals. Additionally, Dr. Lumpkin brings experience from COR Therapeutics, Ribogene, Amylin and Corvas International, Inc.
- NEC Establishes Subsidiaries in Europe for Strengthening Global AI Drug Development Business Read more
- Flare Therapeutics Further Strengthens Leadership Team with Key Executive Appointments and Promotions Read more
- Sensorion Appoints Khalil Barrage as Interim Chairman of the Board Read more
- Ablaze Pharmaceuticals Plans Development of Innovative GPC3 Targeted Radiopharmaceutical Therapy for Liver Cancer in Greater China Read more
- Hansa Biopharma Completes Enrollment in Phase 2 Study of Imlifidase in Guillain-Barré Syndrome (GBS) Read more