Standigm Announces Younsung Choo as Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
Standigm, a company using artificial intelligence (AI) technology for drug discovery and development, announced that Younsung Choo has been appointed Chief Executive Officer (CEO). As the new CEO of Standigm, Choo will focus primarily on company strategy, planning, R&D and business development.
Choo is no stranger to Standigm. He has served as an advisor since 2018. In his new role, Choo will help guide the company and its employees through a challenging economic climate, with a focus on promising drug discovery and repurposing innovations and diverse drug discovery projects. Standigm spent several years developing its platform based on in-house and external collaboration projects and is ready to showcase its capabilities under Choo’s leadership.
“Taking on the role of CEO feels like a natural and exciting next step for me,” Choo noted. “Standigm continues to grow and has already realized exciting innovations in drug development and discovery. The next phase of our company growth will be the biggest yet, as we continue to tackle the most important pharmaceutical challenges.”
Choo brings to Standigm vast experience from his past work. Notably, he was the project leader for Korea’s first U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) new drug, Factive, approval. He worked for LG Life Sciences for more than twenty years in various roles, including Head of R&D, Director of Global Business, and Director of Pharmaceutical Business.
Some of his achievements include:
- Senior Associate Scientist, Hoechst Marion Roussel, USA
- New Antiemetics (Anzemet): US FDA Approval (1997)
- Project Leader, LG Life Sciences, Korea
- New Quinolone Antibiotics (Factive): US FDA Approval (2003), First Korean new chemical drug approved in USA
- Head of R&D, LG Life Sciences, Korea
- Human Growth Hormone (Valtropin): EMEA Approval (2006), US FDA Approval (2007), First Korean biosimilar drug approved in EU and USA
“We are thrilled that Younsung Choo is our new CEO,” said Carl Foster, chief business officer. “In this changing economy, we are constantly expected to focus on shorter-term achievement to validate promising technologies. Under his leadership, Standigm will continue to expand its AI drug discovery platform so that we can identify new lead compounds and drug candidates and in-licensable pharmaceutical assets.”
- Eloxx Pharmaceuticals Announces Final Data Assessment from Phase 2 Combination Clinical Trial of ELX-02 in Class 1 Cystic Fibrosis Patients Read more
- Verge Genomics Announces Positive Safety and Tolerability Data from the Phase 1 Clinical Trial of VRG50635, a Potential Best-in-Class Therapeutic for All Forms of ALS Read more
- DEM BioPharma Appoints Wendy Young, Ph.D., to Scientific Advisory Board Read more
- Confo Therapeutics Enters into Research Collaboration for GPCR-Targeting Antibody Discovery with AbCellera Read more
- Vyriad Announces Expansion of T-Cell Lymphoma Trial at Mayo Clinic Read more