Nexus Pharmaceuticals Announces Appointment of New Board Members
Nexus Pharmaceuticals, a privately-owned U.S.-based healthcare company, has announced the appointment of Edgar Lee and Mike Warmuth to the company’s board of directors, effective immediately. The current board is composed of nine members and is led by founder and Chair of the Board of Directors, Mariam S. Darsot. The appointments come as Nexus works to expand its offerings to include new products as well as Nexus Pharma Services.
“We look forward to the guidance of our new members, who will help Nexus continue to grow and meet the demands of a changing healthcare landscape,” said Ms. Darsot. “They bring with them a wealth of experience and a deep understanding of our mission, which will be invaluable as we continue to innovate and expand our services.”
Mr. Lee is the Founder and Managing Member of Sagent Group and brings over twenty years of experience investing in and advising companies in the life sciences and technology, media, and telecommunications industries. Prior to the founding of Sagent Group, he served as the founder and portfolio manager of Oaktree’s $6 billion Strategic Credit strategy as well as serving as CEO and CIO of the organization’s three business development companies. Mr. Lee also brings experience from his work in TMT investment banking at UBS in Los Angeles, fixed income at Lehman Brothers, management consulting at Katzenbach Partners (Booz & Co.) and economic research at the Urban Institute. He holds a B.A. degree in economics from Swarthmore College and a master’s degree from Harvard University.
Mr. Warmuth was most recently an Operating Partner at EW Healthcare Partners from 2018 to 2022. Prior to EW Healthcare Partners, Mr. Warmuth was at Abbott Laboratories, where he led the Established Pharmaceuticals division which soon became one of the top ten largest generics companies across the globe and covered several therapeutic areas including gastroenterology, women’s health, cardiovascular, and metabolic disorders. His work at Abbott reflects a strong track record of success in driving operational excellence and growth through mergers and acquisitions. He holds a B.A. degree in Business Administration from the University of Wisconsin-Whitewater and a master’s degree from Northwestern University.
- Eloxx Pharmaceuticals Announces Final Data Assessment from Phase 2 Combination Clinical Trial of ELX-02 in Class 1 Cystic Fibrosis Patients Read more
- Verge Genomics Announces Positive Safety and Tolerability Data from the Phase 1 Clinical Trial of VRG50635, a Potential Best-in-Class Therapeutic for All Forms of ALS Read more
- DEM BioPharma Appoints Wendy Young, Ph.D., to Scientific Advisory Board Read more
- Confo Therapeutics Enters into Research Collaboration for GPCR-Targeting Antibody Discovery with AbCellera Read more
- Vyriad Announces Expansion of T-Cell Lymphoma Trial at Mayo Clinic Read more