Nanoscope Therapeutics Appoints Industry Veteran Vicente Anido Jr., Ph.D., as a Strategic Advisor
Nanoscope Therapeutics, a clinical-stage biotechnology company developing gene therapies for retinal degenerative diseases, today announced the appointment of Vicente Anido Jr, as a Strategic Advisor to the Company’s Board and Management.
“We are pleased to have Vince join our team of advisors. His deep experience and accomplishments in building and commercializing profitable ophthalmic companies will provide valuable guidance to support our clinical and corporate strategy. We look forward to leveraging his expertise as we advance Nanoscope’s platform of optogenetic therapies to restore vision in sufferers of inherited retinal degenerative diseases,” said Sulagna Bhattacharya, Chief Executive Officer and Co-Founder of Nanoscope Therapeutics.
“Nanoscope’s Multi-Characteristic Opsin optogenetic monotherapy, MCO-010, is a novel approach to treat inherited retinal diseases and I am eager to help the Company navigate through advanced clinical development and towards commercialization,” said Dr. Anido Jr. “MCO-010 demonstrates a compelling clinical profile with meaningful market opportunities. I look forward to working with the team in developing a successful clinical and corporate strategy to bring this potential sight-restoring technology to patients.”
As an ophthalmology industry leader, Dr. Anido Jr. brings over three decades of ophthalmic experience and will assist Nanoscope in its path towards the potential commercialization of MCO-010. He was most recently the Chief Executive Officer and Chairman at Aerie Pharmaceuticals. Before Aerie, he led several companies including his role as the Chief Executive Officer at ISTA Pharmaceuticals that was sold to Bausch & Lomb for $500 million in 2012. Dr. Anido Jr. holds a Ph.D. in Pharmaceutical Sciences from the University of Missouri, Kansas City and an M.S. and a B.S. in Pharmacy from West Virginia University.
People In This Post
Companies In This Post
- Eloxx Pharmaceuticals Announces Final Data Assessment from Phase 2 Combination Clinical Trial of ELX-02 in Class 1 Cystic Fibrosis Patients Read more
- Verge Genomics Announces Positive Safety and Tolerability Data from the Phase 1 Clinical Trial of VRG50635, a Potential Best-in-Class Therapeutic for All Forms of ALS Read more
- DEM BioPharma Appoints Wendy Young, Ph.D., to Scientific Advisory Board Read more
- Confo Therapeutics Enters into Research Collaboration for GPCR-Targeting Antibody Discovery with AbCellera Read more
- Vyriad Announces Expansion of T-Cell Lymphoma Trial at Mayo Clinic Read more