Medivir Announces Pia Baumann as Chief Medical Officer (CMO)
Medivir AB, a pharmaceutical company focused on developing innovative treatments for cancer in areas of high unmet medical need, announced today that the company’s new Chief Medical Officer (CMO) Pia Baumann took up her position. As member of the company’s management team her responsibilities include the continued clinical development of the candidate drug fostroxacitabine bralpamide (fostrox).
Pia Baumann, an MD specialized in oncology who earned her Ph.D. at Karolinska Institute, has substantial experience in drug development in the cancer field. Her experience comes from many years of clinical work at Karolinska Hospital and larger pharmaceutical companies as well as smaller biotech companies where she has developed global product strategies as well as designed and conducted clinical studies in close collaboration with leading clinics. Pia most recently held a position at AstraZeneca as Vice President Medical with global responsibility for the company’s Tagrisso and Lung Cancer franchise. Before that, she held leading, global positions in cancer drug development at Takeda, Incyte and ARIAD Pharmaceuticals.
“I am very pleased that Pia now has taken up the role as Chief Medical Officer. She is joining us at an exciting time, considering we have just communicated that fostrox is now entering the expansion phase (phase 2a) in combination with Lenvima®. Her experience in global drug development as well as interaction and cooperation with regulatory authorities will be very important for the continued clinical development of fostrox,” says Jens Lindberg, CEO at Medivir AB.
- OliX Pharmaceuticals Receives Regulatory Approval to Commence Phase 1 Clinical Trial of Treatment of Androgenic Alopecia Read more
- Bayer Expands Global Clinical Program for NUBEQA® (darolutamide) in Prostate Cancer Read more
- BIOTECanada Welcomes Government of Canada’s Strategy on Improving Access to Care for Patients with Rare Diseases Read more
- Marinus Pharmaceuticals Receives FDA Orphan Drug Designation for Ganaxolone in the Treatment of Lennox-Gastaut Syndrome Read more
- Aurion Biotech Receives Approval from Japan’s PMDA for New Drug Application Read more