Legend Biotech Announces Appointment of Chief Medical Officer
Legend Biotech, a global biotechnology company developing, manufacturing and commercializing novel therapies to treat life-threatening diseases, today announced the appointment of Mythili Koneru as the Company’s Chief Medical Officer. In this role, Dr. Koneru will be responsible for overseeing the Company’s clinical development and medical affairs programs.
Dr. Koneru joins Legend Biotech from Marker Therapeutics, where she served as Chief Medical Officer, leading the development of the company’s cell therapies and peptide vaccines in its immuno-oncology portfolio. Prior to her time at Marker Therapeutics, Dr. Koneru served as Associate Vice President of Immuno-Oncology at Eli Lilly and Company, where she focused on the clinical development of immuno-oncology assets in the company’s early phase oncology portfolio. Prior to Eli Lilly, Dr. Koneru was an Oncology Fellow at Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, where she developed adoptive T-cell therapies in both leukemia and solid tumor malignancies in early phase clinical trials.
“On behalf of the Company, I am pleased to welcome Dr. Koneru to the Legend team,” said Ying Huang, CEO of Legend Biotech. “Dr. Koneru brings a wealth of knowledge in the field of immunotherapy and cell therapy, with extensive experience in designing early-stage clinical trials for hematologic malignancies and solid tumors. We look forward to her leadership and contributions to our organization, as we continue to advance our pipeline of cell-based therapies and bring innovative therapies to clinic.”
Dr. Koneru obtained her B.A. in Cellular and Molecular Biology from the University of Chicago, a Ph.D. in Biomedical Research: Tumor Immunology from New York University, and an M.D. from Robert Wood Johnson Medical School.
- Eloxx Pharmaceuticals Announces Final Data Assessment from Phase 2 Combination Clinical Trial of ELX-02 in Class 1 Cystic Fibrosis Patients Read more
- Verge Genomics Announces Positive Safety and Tolerability Data from the Phase 1 Clinical Trial of VRG50635, a Potential Best-in-Class Therapeutic for All Forms of ALS Read more
- DEM BioPharma Appoints Wendy Young, Ph.D., to Scientific Advisory Board Read more
- Confo Therapeutics Enters into Research Collaboration for GPCR-Targeting Antibody Discovery with AbCellera Read more
- Vyriad Announces Expansion of T-Cell Lymphoma Trial at Mayo Clinic Read more