Legend Biotech Announces Appointment of Chief Medical Officer
Legend Biotech, a global biotechnology company developing, manufacturing and commercializing novel therapies to treat life-threatening diseases, today announced the appointment of Mythili Koneru as the Company’s Chief Medical Officer. In this role, Dr. Koneru will be responsible for overseeing the Company’s clinical development and medical affairs programs.
Dr. Koneru joins Legend Biotech from Marker Therapeutics, where she served as Chief Medical Officer, leading the development of the company’s cell therapies and peptide vaccines in its immuno-oncology portfolio. Prior to her time at Marker Therapeutics, Dr. Koneru served as Associate Vice President of Immuno-Oncology at Eli Lilly and Company, where she focused on the clinical development of immuno-oncology assets in the company’s early phase oncology portfolio. Prior to Eli Lilly, Dr. Koneru was an Oncology Fellow at Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, where she developed adoptive T-cell therapies in both leukemia and solid tumor malignancies in early phase clinical trials.
“On behalf of the Company, I am pleased to welcome Dr. Koneru to the Legend team,” said Ying Huang, CEO of Legend Biotech. “Dr. Koneru brings a wealth of knowledge in the field of immunotherapy and cell therapy, with extensive experience in designing early-stage clinical trials for hematologic malignancies and solid tumors. We look forward to her leadership and contributions to our organization, as we continue to advance our pipeline of cell-based therapies and bring innovative therapies to clinic.”
Dr. Koneru obtained her B.A. in Cellular and Molecular Biology from the University of Chicago, a Ph.D. in Biomedical Research: Tumor Immunology from New York University, and an M.D. from Robert Wood Johnson Medical School.
- Charles River and INADcure Announce Gene Therapy Manufacturing Collaboration Read more
- Experimental Cancer Drug May Slow Inflammation Linked to Heart Disease Read more
- Genmab Showcases Data From Comprehensive Epcoritamab Development Program in Patients Across B-Cell Lymphomas Read more
- Quell Therapeutics Signs Agreement with AstraZeneca to Develop and Commercialize Engineered Treg Cell Therapies for Autoimmune Diseases Read more
- Astellas and Kate Therapeutics Announce Exclusive License Agreement for KT430 Read more