Johnson & Johnson Appoints Dr. John Reed as Executive Vice President, Pharmaceuticals, R&D
Johnson & Johnson has announced the appointment of John Reed, to the Company’s Executive Committee as Executive Vice President of Pharmaceuticals, R&D. Dr. Reed previously served as Executive Vice President, Global Head of Research and Development for Sanofi and brings more than 35 years of biomedical research leadership to the Company.
Dr. Reed will join Johnson & Johnson on April 3, 2023, assuming responsibility for the Company’s industry-leading portfolio from William Hait, who has served as interim head of Johnson & Johnson’s Pharmaceutical R&D organization since August 2022.
Joaquin Duato, Chairman of the Board and Chief Executive Officer of Johnson & Johnson commented, “Dr. Reed is an accomplished leader and highly regarded researcher with an extraordinary track record for discovering and developing life-saving innovations on a global scale. I am confident his experience and leadership will enable our Pharmaceutical R&D organization to continue to accelerate innovation and competitiveness, invest with focus and discipline and improve the lives of the patients we serve around the world with transformational medicines.”
Dr. Reed, Executive Vice President, Pharmaceuticals, R&D, said, “I am deeply honored and extremely excited to join Johnson & Johnson. I share the Company’s commitment to innovation to conquer disease and improve human health, and I look forward to applying my passion for science, experience in drug discovery and development and commitment to helping patients in leading the talented Pharmaceutical R&D team.”
Companies In This Post
- Eloxx Pharmaceuticals Announces Final Data Assessment from Phase 2 Combination Clinical Trial of ELX-02 in Class 1 Cystic Fibrosis Patients Read more
- Verge Genomics Announces Positive Safety and Tolerability Data from the Phase 1 Clinical Trial of VRG50635, a Potential Best-in-Class Therapeutic for All Forms of ALS Read more
- DEM BioPharma Appoints Wendy Young, Ph.D., to Scientific Advisory Board Read more
- Confo Therapeutics Enters into Research Collaboration for GPCR-Targeting Antibody Discovery with AbCellera Read more
- Vyriad Announces Expansion of T-Cell Lymphoma Trial at Mayo Clinic Read more