HuidaGene Appoints New Members to the Scientific Advisory Board
HuidaGene Therapeutics (辉大基因; HuidaGene), a global clinical-stage biotechnology company focused on developing genomic medicine, has announced the selection of Doctors Haiyan Jiang and Alvin Luk as the new members of the Scientific Advisory Board (SAB). The SAB, which includes internationally renowned experts in gene and cell therapies, from discovery to translational research, and clinical development across different therapeutic areas, will provide strategic guidance for the global development of HuidaGene’s expansive pipeline products.
“To meaningfully alter the course of genetic diseases, we must advance better-validated therapeutic candidates,” said Dr. Haiyan Jiang. “My longstanding interest and commitment in gene and cell therapies have led me to HuidaGene’s technology platforms that offer a potential cure to diseases with high unmet medical needs, and I am eager to work with the HuidaGene team to move their pipeline forward.”
Dr. Alvin Luk stated, “In looking to the future of the field, I have been impressed with HuidaGene’s innovative genome-editing platforms. Dr. Hui Yang has been a long-time leader in CRISPR-based DNA/RNA editing, and I expect that our mutual interests and complementary areas of expertise within gene and cell therapy will be a powerful engine for advancing, and even accelerating, the progess at HuidaGene.”
“We are honored to have an accomplished and diverse group of scientific and clinical experts join us as members of our SAB, who represent extensive experience and knowledge in gene and cell therapies, global drug development, and data-driven clinical trial design,” said Hui Yang, PhD, Co-Founder, Chief Scientific Advisor, and Chairman of the SAB at HuidaGene. “Haiyan and Alvin are industry veterans who have achieved a number of ‘firsts’ in gene therapy clinical programs and who will bring deep and relevant development expertise to HuidaGene. With our scientific advisors’ leadership, HuidaGene is poised to translate decades of scientific discovery in programmable genome medicines to people living with devastating diseases worldwide,” said Xuan Yao, PhD, Co-Founder and Chief Executive Officer of HuidaGene.
- Eloxx Pharmaceuticals Announces Final Data Assessment from Phase 2 Combination Clinical Trial of ELX-02 in Class 1 Cystic Fibrosis Patients Read more
- Verge Genomics Announces Positive Safety and Tolerability Data from the Phase 1 Clinical Trial of VRG50635, a Potential Best-in-Class Therapeutic for All Forms of ALS Read more
- DEM BioPharma Appoints Wendy Young, Ph.D., to Scientific Advisory Board Read more
- Confo Therapeutics Enters into Research Collaboration for GPCR-Targeting Antibody Discovery with AbCellera Read more
- Vyriad Announces Expansion of T-Cell Lymphoma Trial at Mayo Clinic Read more