Heron Therapeutics Announces New CEO and Board Chairman
Heron Therapeutics, a commercial-stage biotechnology company focused on improving the lives of patients by developing and commercializing therapeutic innovations that improve medical care, has announced the appointment of Craig Collard as Chief Executive Officer (CEO), effective today. Mr. Collard succeeds Barry Quart, Pharm.D., who has stepped down as CEO and Chairman of the Board. In addition, as part of the leadership change, the Board elected Adam Morgan as Chairman.
Mr. Collard brings more than three decades of experience leading innovative pharmaceutical companies through periods of strategic change to deliver growth and enhanced value for stockholders. Most recently, as CEO of Veloxis Pharmaceutics A/S before its acquisition by Asahi Kasei Corp.
“I am excited to be leading the Heron team,” said Craig Collard, CEO of Heron. “Heron has exciting franchises in acute care and supportive oncology care. I am confident that we can continue delivering value to our patients, customers, employees, and stockholders as we transition to a commercially focused entity. I look forward to working closely with the Board and the Heron team to optimize and advance the Company into its next phase of growth.”
Lead Independent Director Craig Johnson commented, “On behalf of the entire company, I want to thank Barry for his many years of dedicated service. Barry is a world-class drug developer and has brought us to this important inflection point in the company’s lifecycle.”
Barry Quart commented, “I am incredibly proud of the Heron team; few small biotechnology companies have developed and commercialized four FDA-approved products. It is the right time to move on as the company focuses on commercialization activities. I look forward to working with Craig to ensure a seamless transition in leadership.”
As part of the board of directors’ commitment to strong corporate governance, the roles of Chairman and CEO will now be separate. Also with today’s announcement, the size of the board will be reduced to seven members.
- Eloxx Pharmaceuticals Announces Final Data Assessment from Phase 2 Combination Clinical Trial of ELX-02 in Class 1 Cystic Fibrosis Patients Read more
- Verge Genomics Announces Positive Safety and Tolerability Data from the Phase 1 Clinical Trial of VRG50635, a Potential Best-in-Class Therapeutic for All Forms of ALS Read more
- DEM BioPharma Appoints Wendy Young, Ph.D., to Scientific Advisory Board Read more
- Confo Therapeutics Enters into Research Collaboration for GPCR-Targeting Antibody Discovery with AbCellera Read more
- Vyriad Announces Expansion of T-Cell Lymphoma Trial at Mayo Clinic Read more