Halozyme Appoints Barbara Duncan to its Board of Directors
Halozyme Therapeutics today announced the appointment of Barbara Duncan to its Board of Directors. Ms. Duncan brings more than 25 years of experience as a financial executive with significant leadership roles in the biopharmaceutical industry.
“We are delighted to welcome a leader with Barbara’s extensive biopharmaceutical industry and finance experience to the Halozyme board,” said Dr. Helen Torley, president and Chief Executive Officer. “Barbara’s business leadership, financial expertise and board experience will add important insights and contributions to the continuing success and growth of the company.”
Ms. Duncan most recently served as the Chief Financial Officer of Intercept Pharmaceuticals Inc., a biopharmaceutical company, from 2009 to 2016. Prior to Intercept, Ms. Duncan held senior leadership roles at DOV Pharmaceutical, Inc., a biotechnology company, including Chief Financial Officer and Chief Executive Officer. Prior to joining DOV, Ms. Duncan served as Vice President of Corporate Finance -Global Healthcare at Lehman Brothers Inc.
“It’s an exciting opportunity to join Halozyme as a board member at this juncture of their success,” said Barbara Duncan. “With their disruptive drug delivery technologies and patient-centric mission, I look forward to supporting Halozyme’s continued growth and success.”
Ms. Duncan holds a Master of Business Administration from the Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania and a Bachelor of Business Administration in Accounting from Louisiana State University.
Companies In This Post
- Insmed Completes Enrollment of Adult Patients in Phase 3 ASPEN Study of Brensocatib in Bronchiectasis Read more
- NEC Establishes Subsidiaries in Europe for Strengthening Global AI Drug Development Business Read more
- Flare Therapeutics Further Strengthens Leadership Team with Key Executive Appointments and Promotions Read more
- Sensorion Appoints Khalil Barrage as Interim Chairman of the Board Read more
- Ablaze Pharmaceuticals Plans Development of Innovative GPC3 Targeted Radiopharmaceutical Therapy for Liver Cancer in Greater China Read more