EpimAb Biotherapeutics Appoints Yonghong Zhu, M.D., Ph.D., as Chief Medical Officer
EpimAb Biotherapeutics, a clinical-stage biotechnology company specializing in the development of bispecific antibodies, today announced the appointment of Yonghong Zhu, M.D., Ph.D., as Chief Medical Officer (CMO). As CMO, Dr. Zhu will be responsible for overseeing all clinical development activities for the company’s clinical-stage assets. This strategic addition to the executive team further strengthens the company’s commitment to innovation and mission of advancing cutting-edge bispecific therapies. Dr. Zhu replaces EpimAb’s previous CMO, Dr. Bin Peng, who recently retired from EpimAb after five years of service at the company.
With around two decades of experience in the biotech industry, Dr. Zhu brings an outstanding track record and expertise that spans across early to late-stage development in oncology and immunology to EpimAb. Before joining EpimAb, Dr. Zhu was the CMO at MaxiNovel Pharmaceuticals, and prior to this, he held leadership positions in Clinical Development and Translational Medicine at Roche, Takeda and Henlius, where he made significant contributions to developing and executing overall clinical strategies, and evaluating and driving strategic collaborations. Dr. Zhu obtained his Bachelor’s and Medical Degrees (combined 7 year program) at Nanjing University Medical School, and completed his Ph.D. training in Microbiology & Immunology (Major in Virology) at the University of Rochester School of Medicine & Dentistry.
“We are excited to welcome Dr. Zhu as our new Chief Medical Officer,” said Dr. Chengbin Wu, Founder and CEO of EpimAb. “His extensive knowledge in the oncology and immunology fields, plus a wealth of experience designing and leading early and late-stage clinical programs align perfectly with our vision. We are confident that Dr. Zhu’s leadership skills and expertise will accelerate our mission of developing breakthrough therapies for diseases with significant unmet need.”
Dr. Yonghong Zhu commented, “I am honored to join and collaborate with the dedicated team at EpimAb. With its multiple proprietary and unique platform technologies and an exceptional R&D team, EpimAb has generated several differentiated clinical programs with tremendous potential. I look forward to further advancing these programs and contributing to the future success of the company.”
- Eloxx Pharmaceuticals Announces Final Data Assessment from Phase 2 Combination Clinical Trial of ELX-02 in Class 1 Cystic Fibrosis Patients Read more
- Verge Genomics Announces Positive Safety and Tolerability Data from the Phase 1 Clinical Trial of VRG50635, a Potential Best-in-Class Therapeutic for All Forms of ALS Read more
- DEM BioPharma Appoints Wendy Young, Ph.D., to Scientific Advisory Board Read more
- Confo Therapeutics Enters into Research Collaboration for GPCR-Targeting Antibody Discovery with AbCellera Read more
- Vyriad Announces Expansion of T-Cell Lymphoma Trial at Mayo Clinic Read more