enGene Appoints Alex Nichols, PhD as President and Chief Operating Officer
enGene, a clinical-stage biotechnology company pioneering novel non-viral gene therapies for local administration into mucosal tissues enabled by its proprietary DDX platform, has announced that Alex Nichols, PhD, has joined the company as President and Chief Operating Officer.
“I am delighted to welcome Alex to the enGene team,” said Jason Hanson, CEO of enGene. “enGene is entering a new stage of growth as we build on the exciting early results of our LEGEND study for BCG-resistant non-muscle invasive bladder cancer, and Alex’s proven abilities as a leader, innovator, and drug developer will be an enormous asset to enGene as we work to realize the full potential of EG-70 and the DDX platform.”
Most recently, Alex served as President, CEO, and co-founder of Mythic Therapeutics, a clinical-stage product-platform company developing a pipeline of antibody-drug conjugates (ADCs). In this role, he co-invented the company’s technology platform and lead program, raised more than $130M across several financing rounds, and grew the company into an emerging ADC innovator. Prior to Mythic, he was at Flagship Pioneering, where he was part of the co-founding team of Cogen Therapeutics (now Repertoire Immune Medicines). Alex obtained his B.A. in Biochemistry from Oberlin College, and PhD in Biophysics from Harvard University.
“I am thrilled to join enGene at such an exciting time in the company’s history” stated Dr Alex Nichols. “enGene’s non-viral DDX platform fills a major unmet need, with the goal of unlocking safe, potent, and cost-effective gene therapy that can be easily used in community clinics. I believe its EG-70 program will continue to make a meaningful difference in the lives of patients struggling with non-muscle invasive bladder cancer as it continues its best-in-class trajectory. enGene has built a world-class team, and I am excited to join as we further develop its platform and lead program for the benefit of patients worldwide.”
- Eloxx Pharmaceuticals Announces Final Data Assessment from Phase 2 Combination Clinical Trial of ELX-02 in Class 1 Cystic Fibrosis Patients Read more
- Verge Genomics Announces Positive Safety and Tolerability Data from the Phase 1 Clinical Trial of VRG50635, a Potential Best-in-Class Therapeutic for All Forms of ALS Read more
- DEM BioPharma Appoints Wendy Young, Ph.D., to Scientific Advisory Board Read more
- Confo Therapeutics Enters into Research Collaboration for GPCR-Targeting Antibody Discovery with AbCellera Read more
- Vyriad Announces Expansion of T-Cell Lymphoma Trial at Mayo Clinic Read more