Areteia Therapeutics Announces Appointment of Elyse Stock, M.D. To Board of Directors
Areteia Therapeutics, today announced the appointment of Elyse Stock to the Areteia Board of Directors, effective April 17, 2023. Dr. Stock will serve as a member of the compensation, nominating and corporate governance committee of the board.
“I am excited that Elyse has been appointed to our board,” said Jorge Bartolome, Chief Executive Officer of Areteia. “She is an incredibly accomplished executive whose depth of experience, proven leadership and scientific expertise will be invaluable to the leadership team and the Board of Directors as we focus on delivering on the Company’s strategy and further advancing the Phase III program for dexpramipexole, the first potential oral drug for eosinophilic asthma.”
Commenting on her appointment, Dr. Stock said, “I am honored to serve as a director and look forward to working with Jorge and the team. This is a compelling opportunity to address a high unmet need for severe asthmatics by potentially bringing the first oral medicine to market to treat eosinophilic asthma earlier in the treatment paradigm and offer patients and health systems an alternative to injectable biologics.”
Dr. Stock brings to her role a distinguished 36-year track record of clinical and drug development experience. After practicing psychiatry for 11 years she joined the pharmaceutical industry. Dr. Stock spent the last six years at Biohaven Pharmaceuticals where she was the CMO responsible for the development of numerous investigational agents including NURTEC® and was integral in transitioning that franchise to Pfizer after its acquisition. Prior to Biohaven, she spent 19 years at Bristol-Myers Squibb developing numerous experimental agents across multiple therapeutic areas including neuroscience, oncology, immunology and cardiovascular. She has led numerous large and complex programs across all aspects of development including those leading to the marketing of products such as ABILIFY®, ORENCIA®, and EMPLICITI®. She is an experienced developer of both biologic and non-biologic compounds.
Dr. Stock completed her residency at Payne Whitney Clinic, Cornell Medical Center and her fellowship in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry at Children’s Hospital National Medical Center in Washington D.C. She earned her medical degree at New York University School of Medicine.
- Providence Therapeutics Announces Partnership with University Health Network (UHN) for mRNA Therapeutic Discovery and Development Read more
- Affini-T Therapeutics Appoints Industry Veteran Thaminda Ramanayake, M.S., MBA, as Chief Business Officer Read more
- Feinstein Institutes Bioelectronic Medicine Researchers Stimulate Vagus Nerve to Reduce Bleeding in Hemophilia Read more
- Kyverna Therapeutics Granted FDA Fast Track Designation for KYV-101 in Lupus Nephritis Read more
- Arcturus Therapeutics Receives U.S. FDA Fast Track Designation for ARCT-810, mRNA Therapeutic Candidate for Ornithine Transcarbamylase Deficiency Read more