Annovis Bio Announces New Appointments to Strengthen Its Senior Leadership Team
Annovis Bio, a clinical-stage drug platform company addressing neurodegenerative diseases, has announced key additions to its senior leadership team with the appointments of Dr. Michael Christie as Vice President of Process Chemistry and David Prohaska as Vice President of Toxicology and Pharmacology.
Maria L. Maccecchini, Ph.D., Founder, President, and CEO of Annovis commented, “The expertise of Dr. Michael Christie and David Prohaska will significantly strengthen our ability to conduct successful clinical trials and navigate the regulatory process. The insights and experience that both bring to Annovis will be instrumental in our success as we take significant strides in expanding our large-scale manufacturing capabilities, conduct our late-stage clinical trials in Parkinson’s Disease and Alzheimer’s Disease, and satisfy all important regulatory steps with the FDA.”
Michael Christie, Ph.D., brings to Annovis over 40 years of experience in the pharmaceutical industry. Dr. Christie formally served as the Senior Director of Chemical Process and R&D for Teva Pharmaceuticals, where he directed large teams and managed four laboratories while coordinating numerous projects and directing the functions of Chemical Development, Pilot Plant, and Production Laboratory. Prior to Teva Pharmaceuticals, Dr. Christie served as the Director of Chemical Process Research and Development at Cephalon, Inc., which was acquired by Teva Pharmaceuticals in 2011. Dr. Christie also served as the Vice President of Operations at Puresyn, Inc. and Vice President of Process Development at Zynaxis Inc.
David Prohaska brings 25 years of experience in all aspects of preclinical drug development and has a long track record of successful FDA submissions with multiple drug approvals. Mr. Prohaska joins Annovis from Aravive Biologics where he served as the Director of Preclinical Development and Clinical Operations Support. Prior to Aravive Biologics, Mr. Prohaska served as the Director of Preclinical Development at Furiex, Inc., where he was responsible for the preclinical development of several compounds including eluxadoline.
- Eloxx Pharmaceuticals Announces Final Data Assessment from Phase 2 Combination Clinical Trial of ELX-02 in Class 1 Cystic Fibrosis Patients Read more
- Verge Genomics Announces Positive Safety and Tolerability Data from the Phase 1 Clinical Trial of VRG50635, a Potential Best-in-Class Therapeutic for All Forms of ALS Read more
- DEM BioPharma Appoints Wendy Young, Ph.D., to Scientific Advisory Board Read more
- Confo Therapeutics Enters into Research Collaboration for GPCR-Targeting Antibody Discovery with AbCellera Read more
- Vyriad Announces Expansion of T-Cell Lymphoma Trial at Mayo Clinic Read more