Amarna Therapeutics Announces Appointment of Dr. Henk Streefkerk as New CEO
Amarna Therapeutics, a privately-held biotechnology company developing transformative gene therapies in a range of rare and prevalent diseases, including Hemophilia B, today announces the appointment of Dr. Henk Streefkerk as the Company’s new Chief Executive Officer and Medical Director. He succeeds Steen Klysner, who served as CEO for the past three years. Streefkerk already was Amarna’s Medical Director since mid-2022.
Dr Streefkerk has a distinguished career as CMO of several biotechs, including PIQUR Therapeutics, Cellprotera and Rivia, and brings over a decade of experience working in big pharma including Novartis, Actelion and Organon. As clinical pharmacologist/safety leader he led the global product safety team, overseeing safety analyses, regulatory submissions, and post-marketing safety surveillance for a heart failure drug. He also significantly contributed to the approval of an anti-cancer drug. He started his medical career in otorhinolaryngology and holds both MD and PhD qualifications.
“We are very pleased to introduce Henk Streefkerk as our new CEO. As a Physician Scientist he brings to Amarna a broad and extensive experience in clinical development, health authority negotiations, and other regulatory interactions. Henk will be instrumental in leading Amarna towards the first in human clinical trial,” said Thomas Eldered, Chairman of Amarna’s supervisory board.
“I’m thrilled to be joining Amarna as CEO. The company’s team has been working very hard to generate solid translational data. I look forward to work with them on this next phase of bringing Amarna’s personalized gene therapy product to hemophilia B patients and proving the potential of repeat dosing,” said Henk Streefkerk.
- Eloxx Pharmaceuticals Announces Final Data Assessment from Phase 2 Combination Clinical Trial of ELX-02 in Class 1 Cystic Fibrosis Patients Read more
- Verge Genomics Announces Positive Safety and Tolerability Data from the Phase 1 Clinical Trial of VRG50635, a Potential Best-in-Class Therapeutic for All Forms of ALS Read more
- DEM BioPharma Appoints Wendy Young, Ph.D., to Scientific Advisory Board Read more
- Confo Therapeutics Enters into Research Collaboration for GPCR-Targeting Antibody Discovery with AbCellera Read more
- Vyriad Announces Expansion of T-Cell Lymphoma Trial at Mayo Clinic Read more