Aadi Bioscience Announces Leadership Transition
Aadi Bioscience, a commercial-stage biopharmaceutical company focused on precision therapies for genetically-defined cancers with alterations in mTOR pathway genes, has announced that Brendan Delaney has resigned for personal reasons from his leadership position as Chief Executive Officer, President, and member of the Board of Directors of the Company. Scott Giacobello, currently the Company’s Chief Financial Officer, has been appointed to serve as Interim Chief Executive Officer and President in addition to his current responsibilities. In addition, Neil Desai, Ph.D., the Founder of Aadi Bioscience and its President and CEO prior to Mr. Delaney, continues to serve as the Executive Chairman and a member of the Board of directors and will assist with the leadership transition. The Board of Directors has initiated an executive search for a replacement CEO.
“Supported by a strong and experienced team, Aadi continues to drive forward the development of FYARRO nab-sirolimus in solid tumor patients with TSC1 and TSC2 inactivating mutations, as well as continuing to serve patients with PEComa. Mr. Giacobello has played a critical role in crafting our corporate and financial strategy and I look forward to his continued leadership as we conduct a search for a permanent CEO,” said Caley Castelein M.D., Chairman of the Board of Directors.
Mr. Giacobello said, “I look forward to my continued work with the Aadi board and management team, executing on our mission of developing FYARRO for significant unmet needs in oncology. We have a well-defined strategy and a strong financial position and are enthusiastic about the opportunities that lie ahead.”
Prior to joining Aadi in 2021, Mr. Giacobello’s background included fulfilling key financial and operational roles with a long history of leadership in commercial stage growth companies. He played a key role in the buildout of U.S. operations and commercial readiness in his role as CFO at GW Pharmaceuticals, leading the Company’s financial strategy and raising more than $620 million ahead of their acquisition by Jazz Pharmaceuticals in 2021. He had previously served as the CFO of Chase Pharmaceuticals prior to their acquisition by Allergan, where he served in executive roles in corporate finance and global research and development.
- Eloxx Pharmaceuticals Announces Final Data Assessment from Phase 2 Combination Clinical Trial of ELX-02 in Class 1 Cystic Fibrosis Patients Read more
- Verge Genomics Announces Positive Safety and Tolerability Data from the Phase 1 Clinical Trial of VRG50635, a Potential Best-in-Class Therapeutic for All Forms of ALS Read more
- DEM BioPharma Appoints Wendy Young, Ph.D., to Scientific Advisory Board Read more
- Confo Therapeutics Enters into Research Collaboration for GPCR-Targeting Antibody Discovery with AbCellera Read more
- Vyriad Announces Expansion of T-Cell Lymphoma Trial at Mayo Clinic Read more