SynOx Therapeutics Further Strengthens Team with Appointments of Chief Medical Officer and Chief Technology Officer
SynOx Therapeutics Limited (“SynOx” or the “Company”), the late-stage clinical biopharmaceutical company developing emactuzumab for the treatment of Tenosynovial Giant Cell Tumours (TGCT), today announces the appointments of Axel Mescheder, MD as Chief Medical Officer and Broes Naeye, PhD as Chief Technology Officer, as it accelerates activities to support a registrational trial of emactuzumab in the USA and EU.
Axel Mescheder, MD, Chief Medical Officer has over 25 years of clinical development and regulatory experience in biotechnology and pharmaceutical companies, including Hoffmann-La Roche and MorphoSys, where he held a range of senior leadership positions. Axel has a strong track record of executing clinical development programs, resulting in successful product registrations and label extensions. His expertise includes oncology, immunology, and inflammation.
Axel Mescheder, MD, Chief Medical Officer of SynOx, commented: “I am privileged to join SynOx at this stage of development. I am impressed by the comprehensive research and compelling early clinical data in the treatment of TCGT. I look forward to supporting the team in the further clinical and regulatory development of emactuzumab to help TCGT patients.”
Broes Naeye, PhD, Chief Technology Officer has more than 10 years of experience in development and commercialization of biopharmaceuticals. Most recently, he served as Global Product Supply Lead at Sanofi, where he was responsible for the global supply of Dupixent®. Previously, he was Head of Commercial Supply and CMC Project Lead at Ablynx.
Broes Naeye, PhD, Chief Technology Officer of SynOx, said: “I am excited to be joining SynOx and I am looking forward to developing a robust CMC foundation for emactuzumab as we enter into confirmatory clinical trials and begin preparations for commercialisation.”
Ray Barlow, Chief Executive Officer of SynOx, added: “We are delighted to welcome Axel and Broes to the SynOx Senior Management Team. We are confident that their experience of developing biological products through to approval and commercialisation will help drive the continued development of emactuzumab as a potentially best-in-class treatment for patients with TGCT on a global basis.”
- Eloxx Pharmaceuticals Announces Final Data Assessment from Phase 2 Combination Clinical Trial of ELX-02 in Class 1 Cystic Fibrosis Patients Read more
- Verge Genomics Announces Positive Safety and Tolerability Data from the Phase 1 Clinical Trial of VRG50635, a Potential Best-in-Class Therapeutic for All Forms of ALS Read more
- DEM BioPharma Appoints Wendy Young, Ph.D., to Scientific Advisory Board Read more
- Confo Therapeutics Enters into Research Collaboration for GPCR-Targeting Antibody Discovery with AbCellera Read more
- Vyriad Announces Expansion of T-Cell Lymphoma Trial at Mayo Clinic Read more