SomaLogic Announces Appointment of Shaun Blakeman as Chief Financial Officer
“We are thrilled to welcome Shaun Blakeman to the SomaLogic team,” said SomaLogic Chief Executive Officer Roy Smythe, M.D. “His depth of experience as a financial executive across a range of medical technology companies materially strengthens our leadership team and will make an immediate impact as we continue to rapidly scale our business.”
Mr. Blakeman is a financial executive with over 20 years of professional experience spanning operations, logistics, project management, and accounting and financial leadership. Most recently, he served as Senior Vice President and Chief Financial Officer of Cantel Medical, a public company focused on global infection prevention and control in the endoscopy, hemodialysis water and dental spaces.
Mr. Blakeman has also served as a Senior Finance Director at Medtronic, a leader in medical technology, where he oversaw finance for multiple manufacturing sites in Medtronic’s Restorative Therapies Group. Before that, he was the Vice President of Finance for Cantel, where he was the segment CFO for the company’s $500 million endoscopy platform. Prior to his time at Cantel, Mr. Blakeman spent five years with IDEX in financial leadership positions of increasing responsibility, up to the Vice President of Finance for the company’s diaphragm and dosing pump and water platforms. Prior to IDEX, Mr. Blakeman worked for Eaton in various finance positions. He began his career as an officer in the United States Navy in both Surface Warfare and Engineering Duty specialties.
Mr. Blakeman received his Bachelor of Science in economics from the University of Minnesota, his Master of Science in applied physics from the Naval Postgraduate School, and his Master of Business Administration from the Indiana University Kelley School of Business.
“SomaLogic is a pioneer in furthering the development of proteomics for biomarker discovery and clinical insights,” said Mr. Blakeman. “I am honored to join the organization on its path to improving global healthcare outcomes for patients worldwide.”
Companies In This Post
- Eloxx Pharmaceuticals Announces Final Data Assessment from Phase 2 Combination Clinical Trial of ELX-02 in Class 1 Cystic Fibrosis Patients Read more
- Verge Genomics Announces Positive Safety and Tolerability Data from the Phase 1 Clinical Trial of VRG50635, a Potential Best-in-Class Therapeutic for All Forms of ALS Read more
- DEM BioPharma Appoints Wendy Young, Ph.D., to Scientific Advisory Board Read more
- Confo Therapeutics Enters into Research Collaboration for GPCR-Targeting Antibody Discovery with AbCellera Read more
- Vyriad Announces Expansion of T-Cell Lymphoma Trial at Mayo Clinic Read more