Seegene Appoints Richard Creager as CEO of U.S. Subsidiary to Bolster U.S. Business
Seegene Inc. (KQ 096530), South Korea’s leading molecular diagnostics company, today announced the appointment of Richard S. Creager, Ph.D., as the CEO of its United States subsidiary, Seegene Technologies. Dr. Creager brings decades of real-world in vitro diagnostics business and molecular diagnostics (MDx) experience to the role, in which he will execute business strategies in the U.S.
Dr. Creager holds a Ph.D. in Microbiology from the University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine. As a former chief science officer and executive officer for Beckman Coulter, he has a diverse experience in developing new products, technologies and business models for diagnostic, laboratory services and B2B companies.
With Dr. Creager’s expertise in organizational design, talent management, product development, program management, and quality & design control systems, Seegene expects him to help create momentum to expand and strengthen its business in the U.S. and replicate its success story seen in other global MDx markets.
The company has been under the global spotlight as an early assay provider during the COVID-19 pandemic thanks to its unique multiplexing capabilities and automated assay development system. However, its presence has been relatively limited in the U.S., the world’s largest molecular diagnostics market, until now.
Dr. Creager will closely collaborate with Seegene Headquarters to foster new growth drivers and deliver on the company’s global strategy and mission as a molecular diagnostics platform company, through product development, M&A, and strategic alliances.
“I have supported many companies in solidifying the strategic direction of their molecular diagnostics technologies,” said Dr. Creager. “Seegene is, by far, one of the most outstanding companies I’ve seen in terms of diagnostics assay technology. I am thrilled to help Seegene build upon its worldwide success by establishing a leading enterprise in the US.”
- Eloxx Pharmaceuticals Announces Final Data Assessment from Phase 2 Combination Clinical Trial of ELX-02 in Class 1 Cystic Fibrosis Patients Read more
- Verge Genomics Announces Positive Safety and Tolerability Data from the Phase 1 Clinical Trial of VRG50635, a Potential Best-in-Class Therapeutic for All Forms of ALS Read more
- DEM BioPharma Appoints Wendy Young, Ph.D., to Scientific Advisory Board Read more
- Confo Therapeutics Enters into Research Collaboration for GPCR-Targeting Antibody Discovery with AbCellera Read more
- Vyriad Announces Expansion of T-Cell Lymphoma Trial at Mayo Clinic Read more