PacBio Announces Appointment of Genomics Industry Veteran Jeff Eidel as Chief Commercial Officer
PacBio (NASDAQ: PACB), a leading developer of high-quality, highly accurate sequencing solutions, today announced the appointment of Jeff Eidel as Chief Commercial Officer, effective August 16, 2022. In this role, Mr. Eidel will have global responsibility for all commercial activity including sales, marketing, and customer support.
“Jeff is a strong leader and an incredible executive, and I expect him to have a significant impact on the entire organization,” said Christian Henry, President and Chief Executive Officer of PacBio. “Jeff is joining PacBio at a critical time as we continue in our efforts to expand our sequencing portfolio to become a multiplatform solution provider, scale our global commercial footprint and move towards profitability. Jeff has a strong track record of success leading cross-functional teams and growing high-performing organizations in commercial, finance, and corporate and business development.”
Mr. Eidel joins PacBio from Cradle Genomics, a reproductive health startup where he was most recently Chief Executive Officer after joining the company in 2019 as Chief Operating Officer. Prior to Cradle Genomics, Mr. Eidel was Head of Corporate and Business Development at Illumina. During his 13 years at Illumina, he also held critical positions focused on negotiating and integrating acquisitions, leading deals with several of Illumina’s largest customers and business partners, catalyzing global growth, and introducing new products. Before Illumina, Mr. Eidel held roles with Inovio Pharmaceuticals, Corillian Corporation, and KPMG.
“It’s an exciting time to be in the sequencing industry with many new entrants looking to disrupt an established market. PacBio’s highly accurate sequencing technologies are well-differentiated and offer the company the rare opportunity to transform the market and delight customers with solutions capable of advancing science,” said Mr. Eidel. “I look forward to working with Christian and the PacBio team to capitalize on this opportunity helping to strengthen our global footprint and accelerate the company’s growth.”
Companies In This Post
- Eloxx Pharmaceuticals Announces Final Data Assessment from Phase 2 Combination Clinical Trial of ELX-02 in Class 1 Cystic Fibrosis Patients Read more
- Verge Genomics Announces Positive Safety and Tolerability Data from the Phase 1 Clinical Trial of VRG50635, a Potential Best-in-Class Therapeutic for All Forms of ALS Read more
- DEM BioPharma Appoints Wendy Young, Ph.D., to Scientific Advisory Board Read more
- Confo Therapeutics Enters into Research Collaboration for GPCR-Targeting Antibody Discovery with AbCellera Read more
- Vyriad Announces Expansion of T-Cell Lymphoma Trial at Mayo Clinic Read more