OncoSec Announces Appointment of George Chi as Chief Financial Officer
OncoSec Medical Incorporated (NASDAQ: ONCS) (the “Company” or “OncoSec”), a clinical-stage biotechnology company focused on developing intratumoral immunotherapies to stimulate the body’s immune system to target and attack cancer, today announced the appointment of George Chi as Chief Financial Officer.
Mr. Chi joins the Company from THPlasma, where he served as Chief Executive Officer since July 2020 and helped found the company’s plasma collection business and establish regular commercial sales. Prior to joining THPlasma, Mr. Chi served as Chief Financial Officer of CASI Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (“CASI”), a biopharmaceutical company focused on developing and commercializing innovative therapeutics and pharmaceutical products, from September 2018 to February 2020. Prior to joining CASI, Mr. Chi was Vice President of Finance at Flavors Holdings, Inc., a packaged food company, where he led the global accounting function, including financial reporting, planning, treasury, investor relations, tax and auditing with global sales in 90 countries. Prior to his time at Flavor Holdings, Inc., Mr. Chi was Chief Financial Officer at BPL Plasma, a large third party blood plasma collection business. Previously, Mr. Chi was finance director at Unilever PLC where he was responsible for leading the accounting function including financial reporting, annual budgeting and strategic planning. Mr. Chi holds a bachelor’s degree in engineering from Tsinghua University, Beijing, China and a MBA in finance and operations from the Yale School of Management. He also holds certifications as a CPA and CFA.
Kevin Smith, interim President and Chief Executive Officer and a member of the Leadership Committee of the Company’s Board of Directors, remarked, “On behalf of the entire Company, we welcome George who brings a wealth of financial experience, including budgeting and planning.”
- Eloxx Pharmaceuticals Announces Final Data Assessment from Phase 2 Combination Clinical Trial of ELX-02 in Class 1 Cystic Fibrosis Patients Read more
- Verge Genomics Announces Positive Safety and Tolerability Data from the Phase 1 Clinical Trial of VRG50635, a Potential Best-in-Class Therapeutic for All Forms of ALS Read more
- DEM BioPharma Appoints Wendy Young, Ph.D., to Scientific Advisory Board Read more
- Confo Therapeutics Enters into Research Collaboration for GPCR-Targeting Antibody Discovery with AbCellera Read more
- Vyriad Announces Expansion of T-Cell Lymphoma Trial at Mayo Clinic Read more