Obsidian Therapeutics Appoints Lee Giguere, J.D., as Chief Legal Officer and Corporate Secretary
Obsidian Therapeutics, Inc., a biotechnology company pioneering engineered cell and gene therapies, today announced the appointment of Lee Giguere as Chief Legal Officer and Secretary. Lee will manage the legal function and serve as a key member of Obsidian’s executive leadership team, playing a critical role in the company’s strategic decision-making. He will provide operational leadership across a wide array of legal, governance and compliance matters.
“Lee’s broad experience in legal and corporate governance will be critical to Obsidian’s rapid growth as a company pioneering engineered TIL therapy,” commented Paul Wotton, Obsidian’s Chief Executive Officer. “The leadership he brings will strengthen our management team and together with his significant expertise in all legal and compliance matters, further positions Obsidian for success as we take our first cytoTIL15 program (OBX-115) into the clinic in 2022.”
Lee has wide-ranging experience and expertise in legal, healthcare compliance and corporate governance for public life science companies. He most recently served as general counsel and secretary at the biotechnology company Chiasma, Inc., responsible for all legal, compliance and human resource matters. Before joining Chiasma, he spent several years with Karyopharm Therapeutics Inc., an innovation-driven pharmaceutical company, as deputy general counsel, assistant secretary and Boston Scientific Corporation as senior securities and governance counsel. Lee began his legal career as an associate in the business law practice with Goodwin Procter. Lee earned his J.D. from Northeastern University School of Law and his B.S. from Northeastern University.
Companies In This Post
- ReviR Therapeutics and Asieris Pharmaceuticals Enter into Agreement to Discover Oncology Therapeutics Read more
- Superior HealthPlan and eFamilyCare Expand Partnership to Support Medicaid Members and Caregivers in Texas Read more
- Garuda Therapeutics Secures $62 Million Series B Financing to Advance Off-the-Shelf Blood Stem Cell Technology Platform Read more
- FSD Pharma Receives Regulatory Clearance for Its Proposed Phase-1 Clinical Trial of Lucid-21-302 (Lucid-MS), First-in-Class Multiple Sclerosis Drug Candidate Read more
- $25 Million Gift to Penn Medicine and Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia Establishes Center for Epilepsy and Neurodevelopmental Disorders Read more