New BHF Chief Technology Officer Appointed
British Heart Foundation are delighted to have appointed Alex Duncan as their new Chief Technology Officer (CTO).
Alex, who is currently the Global Director of Digital & Data at Costa Coffee, will sit on their Executive Group and be responsible for delivering their technology roadmap in support of its strategy to 2030.
This will include a focus on how technology can best support research and innovation; help people affected by heart and circulatory disease; and drive income growth across their commercial, retail and fundraising offerings as BHF emerge from the pandemic.
In addition, the role will ensure all teams in the organisation have the tools that they need to turn ideas into action and can use technology to cultivate the greatest impact for the BHF’s cause.
Starting the post at the end of May, Alex said: “I’m delighted to be joining the BHF team at such an exciting point in its journey. I am impressed by the ambitions of the organisation, the calibre of the team and the warmth I have experienced so far. I’m looking forward to working with the entire BHF team to focus on how technology can enable our goals and power lifesaving science.”
Alex will also be responsible for ensuring that all their teams have the tools they need to turn ideas into action and can use technology to achieve the greatest impact for their beneficiaries.
She has a wealth of experience in leading teams across a variety of technology focused roles. She was previously CTO of Ambassador Theatre Group and Director of IT at shopping channel, QVC. Alex was also Head of Online Development for the online travel and leisure retailer, lastminute.com.
Dr Charmaine Griffiths, Chief Executive at the British Heart Foundation, said: “I’m so delighted to welcome Alex to our BHF team. With her extensive commercial expertise and passion for our life-saving work, Alex has wide ranging experience of using data and insight to advance technological innovation. It is a pleasure to welcome Alex to our talented BHF team, and we’re looking forward to seeing technology enabling our work across the BHF to save and improve lives.”
“I know Alex will bring a wealth of experience to the BHF and a clear vision of how we can exploit data, insight and technological innovation to work smarter and make the biggest impact in raising funds to support ground-breaking research.”
Companies In This Post
- Eloxx Pharmaceuticals Announces Final Data Assessment from Phase 2 Combination Clinical Trial of ELX-02 in Class 1 Cystic Fibrosis Patients Read more
- Verge Genomics Announces Positive Safety and Tolerability Data from the Phase 1 Clinical Trial of VRG50635, a Potential Best-in-Class Therapeutic for All Forms of ALS Read more
- DEM BioPharma Appoints Wendy Young, Ph.D., to Scientific Advisory Board Read more
- Confo Therapeutics Enters into Research Collaboration for GPCR-Targeting Antibody Discovery with AbCellera Read more
- Vyriad Announces Expansion of T-Cell Lymphoma Trial at Mayo Clinic Read more