Karyopharm Promotes Sohanya Cheng to Chief Commercial Officer
Karyopharm Therapeutics Inc. (Nasdaq:KPTI), a commercial-stage pharmaceutical company pioneering novel cancer therapies, today announced that Sohanya Cheng has been promoted to Chief Commercial Officer. She will be responsible for leading the Company’s commercial strategy and operations, including the continued commercialization of XPOVIO® (selinexor). Ms. Cheng joined Karyopharm in 2021 as Senior Vice President of Sales and Commercial Operations.
“Sohanya has extensive commercialization experience coupled with deep oncology expertise, making her the ideal person to take the reins as we prepare for SIENDO Phase 3 top-line results in endometrial cancer, continue to expand XPOVIO’s position in the treatment paradigm for multiple myeloma and progress our clinical pipeline,” said Richard Paulson, President and Chief Executive Officer of Karyopharm. “Since joining Karyopharm, she has played a significant role in shaping our commercial strategy and strengthening capabilities, resulting in an increase in product revenue in 2021. Sohanya’s continued guidance and leadership will be invaluable and I look forward to more great things from her as our new chief commercial officer.”
Ms. Cheng has 18 years of biopharmaceutical commercialization and research experience, predominately in oncology. Prior to joining Karyopharm, she served as Vice President, Head of Marketing and Corporate Affairs at Arrowhead Pharmaceuticals. Before this role, Ms. Cheng spent over ten years at Amgen, where she held a variety of sales and marketing leadership roles supporting the commercialization of key oncology brands, including as Executive Director, Head of Marketing & Sales for multiple myeloma and as Head of Oncology National Sales. Ms. Cheng holds an MBA from the MIT Sloan School of Management and a BSc and MA from the University of Cambridge, UK.
Companies In This Post
- Eloxx Pharmaceuticals Announces Final Data Assessment from Phase 2 Combination Clinical Trial of ELX-02 in Class 1 Cystic Fibrosis Patients Read more
- Verge Genomics Announces Positive Safety and Tolerability Data from the Phase 1 Clinical Trial of VRG50635, a Potential Best-in-Class Therapeutic for All Forms of ALS Read more
- DEM BioPharma Appoints Wendy Young, Ph.D., to Scientific Advisory Board Read more
- Confo Therapeutics Enters into Research Collaboration for GPCR-Targeting Antibody Discovery with AbCellera Read more
- Vyriad Announces Expansion of T-Cell Lymphoma Trial at Mayo Clinic Read more