James Mock Joins Moderna as Chief Financial Officer
Moderna, Inc., (NASDAQ:MRNA) a biotechnology company pioneering messenger RNA (mRNA) therapeutics and vaccines, today announced that James Mock has been appointed as Moderna’s Chief Financial Officer, beginning September 6, 2022. He will serve on Moderna’s Executive Committee and report to Chief Executive Officer Stéphane Bancel. Following the appointment of Mr. Mock, David Meline will retire as the Company’s CFO effective the same date but will remain as a consultant to the Company to assist with the transition.
“I am thrilled to welcome Jamey to Moderna’s Executive Committee as our Chief Financial Officer. Moderna is at an exciting stage with a growing mRNA platform, including four Phase 3 trials occurring this year and upcoming proof-of-concept data in rare diseases and immuno-oncology, significant commercial momentum and a strong financial position,” said Stéphane Bancel, Chief Executive Officer of Moderna. “Jamey’s experience in scaling global businesses will ensure we continue to be well positioned for the future. I look forward to working with Jamey and welcoming him to Moderna. At the same time, I remain very grateful for the many contributions and steady leadership that David has provided Moderna and wish him the best in his well-deserved retirement.”
Prior to joining the Company, Mr. Mock served as Senior Vice President and CFO of PerkinElmer, Inc., (NYSE:PKI) a life sciences, diagnostics and analytical solutions company, since May 2018. In his role at PerkinElmer, he had overall leadership responsibility for the strategy and operations of all Company finance functions. During that time, he was instrumental in transforming PerkinElmer into an organization with a strengthened financial profile for growth and profitability. Before that, Mr. Mock served for nearly 20 years in a wide range of financial oversight capacities within General Electric Company, both in the United States and overseas.
“I am thrilled to join the Moderna team as they continue their inspirational and ground-breaking work in bringing the promise of mRNA to the world,” said Mr. Mock. “This is a company with an exceptionally bright future and it is a privilege to be part of it.”
Mr. Mock holds a Bachelor of Arts in economics from St. Lawrence University.
Companies In This Post
- Eloxx Pharmaceuticals Announces Final Data Assessment from Phase 2 Combination Clinical Trial of ELX-02 in Class 1 Cystic Fibrosis Patients Read more
- Verge Genomics Announces Positive Safety and Tolerability Data from the Phase 1 Clinical Trial of VRG50635, a Potential Best-in-Class Therapeutic for All Forms of ALS Read more
- DEM BioPharma Appoints Wendy Young, Ph.D., to Scientific Advisory Board Read more
- Confo Therapeutics Enters into Research Collaboration for GPCR-Targeting Antibody Discovery with AbCellera Read more
- Vyriad Announces Expansion of T-Cell Lymphoma Trial at Mayo Clinic Read more