Iain Mackay, Chief Financial Officer, to Retire From GSK, Julie Brown Appointed as Successor
GSK plc (LSE/NYSE: GSK) today announced that Iain Mackay, Chief Financial Officer (CFO), has decided to retire from GSK. The Board has agreed that he will step down as CFO and as an Executive Director of the Board in May 2023.
The Board has selected Ms Julie Brown, currently Chief Operating and Financial Officer, Burberry Group plc, as successor to Iain. Julie is a highly respected CFO with extensive experience in the biopharma and medtech sectors, having previously worked at AstraZeneca plc and Smith & Nephew plc; and as a non-executive director and Audit Chair of Roche Holding AG.
Julie will join GSK in April 2023 and will work with Iain to transition responsibilities, taking responsibility as CFO and as an Executive Director of GSK on 1 May 2023.
Emma Walmsley, Chief Executive Officer, GSK, said: “I want to thank Iain for all he’s done for GSK, and for his leadership and support to our people. He has played a very significant role to help deliver the reshaping of GSK and to improve our operating and financial performance. I am absolutely delighted that Julie will be joining the leadership team as his successor. Julie is a highly experienced CFO with a tremendous understanding of the biopharma sector. We also share a strong passion for people development, diversity, inclusion and sustainability. I am looking forward to working together to deliver progress for patients, shareholders and our people.”
Jonathan Symonds, Chair, GSK, said: “On behalf of the Board I would like to thank Iain for his significant contribution at GSK. He has been a highly valued member of the Board and has provided strong support to Emma and the management team. We are delighted that Julie will join the Board as Iain’s successor. She is a CFO of exceptional calibre and experience and I look forward to the contribution she will make.”
Companies In This Post
- Eloxx Pharmaceuticals Announces Final Data Assessment from Phase 2 Combination Clinical Trial of ELX-02 in Class 1 Cystic Fibrosis Patients Read more
- Verge Genomics Announces Positive Safety and Tolerability Data from the Phase 1 Clinical Trial of VRG50635, a Potential Best-in-Class Therapeutic for All Forms of ALS Read more
- DEM BioPharma Appoints Wendy Young, Ph.D., to Scientific Advisory Board Read more
- Confo Therapeutics Enters into Research Collaboration for GPCR-Targeting Antibody Discovery with AbCellera Read more
- Vyriad Announces Expansion of T-Cell Lymphoma Trial at Mayo Clinic Read more