Hummingbird Bioscience Strengthens Leadership Team with Appointment of Josh House as Chief Financial Officer
Hummingbird Bioscience, an innovative clinical-stage biotech company focused on developing precision therapies against hard-to-drug targets, today announced the appointment of Josh House as Chief Financial Officer, effective immediately.
Dr. Piers Ingram, CEO and co-founder of Hummingbird Bioscience, commented, “We are delighted that Josh is joining Hummingbird as we enter our next key phase of growth. He brings strong financial expertise to the role, and our team. Combined with a proven ability to execute on capital markets and strategic transactions for biotech companies, his skills will be instrumental to our continued growth trajectory.”
Mr. House has more than a decade of experience spanning capital markets, business development, strategic transactions, legal and finance roles, and has played a leading role in executing more than US$4 billion of capital markets and strategic transactions for life sciences companies. Most recently, he served as Vice President at Consonance-HFW Acquisition Corp., an NYSE-listed special purpose acquisition company focused on life sciences opportunities. Mr. House has also held senior business development and corporate strategy roles at Atara Biotherapeutics, a leading allogeneic cell therapy company. He joined Atara from Citigroup, where he was a Vice President in the healthcare investment banking group focused on executing capital markets and strategic transactions for biotechnology companies.
“I have been impressed by Hummingbird’s Rational Antibody Discovery platform, wholly-owned pipeline and its dedication to developing precision therapies against hard-to-drug targets. I am excited to partner with Piers, Jerome and the Hummingbird Board of Directors and investors to deliver on our commitment to bring new therapies to patients, and to support Hummingbird in building and growing the business as it transforms into a clinical-stage biotech company,” said Mr. House.
Companies In This Post
- Eloxx Pharmaceuticals Announces Final Data Assessment from Phase 2 Combination Clinical Trial of ELX-02 in Class 1 Cystic Fibrosis Patients Read more
- Verge Genomics Announces Positive Safety and Tolerability Data from the Phase 1 Clinical Trial of VRG50635, a Potential Best-in-Class Therapeutic for All Forms of ALS Read more
- DEM BioPharma Appoints Wendy Young, Ph.D., to Scientific Advisory Board Read more
- Confo Therapeutics Enters into Research Collaboration for GPCR-Targeting Antibody Discovery with AbCellera Read more
- Vyriad Announces Expansion of T-Cell Lymphoma Trial at Mayo Clinic Read more