Element Biosciences Welcomes Former ThermoFisher Executive Shelly Peariso to their Growing Commercial Team
Element Biosciences, Inc.— developer of the AVITI™ System, a new and disruptive DNA sequencing platform — today announced they are adding an industry veteran to their commercial team.
Shelly Peariso has been a life science and clinical sales executive for more than 20 years. Most recently, Shelly led the Americas Commercial Organization in the Clinical Next Generation Sequencing Division at ThermoFisher, where she was responsible for the development and execution of sales strategy for the entire Ion Torrent Next Generation Sequencing portfolio across clinical, applied, and research markets. Shelly started her sequencing career at Applied Biosystems in 2005 selling Capillary Electrophoresis and then transitioned to selling Next Generation Sequencing when SOLiD was introduced to the market.
“I haven’t seen researchers this animated since Next Generation Sequencing hit the market. After years of incremental progress, Element Biosciences has brought exponential thinking back to the field,” said Shelly Peariso, Vice President of Sales. “I am so excited to talk to scientists about what this level of data quality, flexibility, and price means for them and what they can achieve with an AVITI.”
“Shelly was a driving force behind the first major uptick in Next Generation Gene Sequencing in the early 2000’s and has worked with every aspect of the technology, from reagents to instrumentation, since then. We’re so lucky to have her on the team as we continue to grow our commercial operations and define what the next generation of genomic sequencing means,” said Mark Aitkenhead, Chief Commercial Officer.
Shelly earned a B.S. in Biology from Lake Superior State University while on scholarship for volleyball, and an M.S. Degree in Biomedical Chemistry from Thomas Jefferson University. In her free time, Shelly likes traveling, baking, and playing golf. She splits her time away from serving customers between New Jersey and Florida.
Companies In This Post
- Treadwell Therapeutics Announces the Appointment of Roger Sidhu, M.D., as Chief Medical Officer Read more
- Personalis and Moderna Sign New Agreement to Leverage NeXT Platform™ in Personalized mRNA Cancer Vaccine Clinical Trials Read more
- Trelleborg to Expand its BioPharmaceutical Manufacturing Footprint in Europe Read more
- Revive Therapeutics Enters into Research Collaboration Agreement with PharmaTher for Development of MDMA Transdermal Patch Read more
- Accenture Expands Strategy Capabilities in Life Sciences with the Acquisition of Bionest Read more