DiamiR Biosciences Expands Management Team with the Appointment of Fred Knechtel as its Chief Financial Officer
DiamiR, a developer of innovative blood-based diagnostic tests for brain health and other diseases, today announced the expansion of its management team by the appointment of Fred Knechtel as Chief Financial Officer (CFO), effective immediately.
“We are excited to welcome Fred to DiamiR Biosciences” said Alidad Mireskandari, Ph.D., MBA, company’s Chief Executive Officer. “Having worked with him in the past, I am confident that Fred’s leadership and his fundraising expertise in the life sciences sector will be instrumental in executing our vision of building DiamiR into a premier Brain Health company going forward”.
Mr. Knechtel has over 35 years of finance and operations experience in the life sciences, chemical, metals recycling, automotive, and aerospace industries. He is accomplished at preparing private companies for public listings, leading IPO processes, leading mergers and acquisitions, and fundraising, including initial public and rights offerings, private investment, preferred instruments, PIPEs, and debt.
Currently Mr. Knechtel is the co-founder, CFO, and Director of NorthView Acquisition Corp., a Special Purpose Acquisition Company (SPAC) focused on effecting a merger in the life sciences/healthcare industry. Previously, he served as CFO for Interpace Biosciences; CFO of GENEWIZ Inc., where he prepared GENEWIZ for its sale to Brooks Automation; CFO of Sims Metal management Limited; and CFO of Remy International Inc., where he led the IPO process and Nasdaq listing.
Mr. Knechtel holds his MBA in Finance from Hofstra University and his BE in Mechanical Engineering from Stony Brook University.
Companies In This Post
- Treadwell Therapeutics Announces the Appointment of Roger Sidhu, M.D., as Chief Medical Officer Read more
- Personalis and Moderna Sign New Agreement to Leverage NeXT Platform™ in Personalized mRNA Cancer Vaccine Clinical Trials Read more
- Trelleborg to Expand its BioPharmaceutical Manufacturing Footprint in Europe Read more
- Revive Therapeutics Enters into Research Collaboration Agreement with PharmaTher for Development of MDMA Transdermal Patch Read more
- Accenture Expands Strategy Capabilities in Life Sciences with the Acquisition of Bionest Read more