Compugen Announces Appointment of Alberto Sessa as Chief Financial Officer
Compugen Ltd. ( Nasdaq: CGEN), a clinical-stage cancer immunotherapy company and a pioneer in computational target discovery, announced today that Alberto Sessa has been appointed Chief Financial Officer (CFO) and member of the management team. Alberto will join Compugen on November 1, 2022.
“I am delighted to have a financial executive of Alberto’s expertise and experience join Compugen and strengthen our management team,” said Anat Cohen-Dayag, Ph.D., President, and Chief Executive Officer of Compugen. “His extensive experience and track record in leading financing, investor relations, M&A, and business development transactions and providing strategic financial direction to grow companies, will be invaluable as we accelerate towards our strategic ambitions and deliver value to our stakeholders including patients and shareholders.”
“This is an exciting time to join Compugen. I look forward to working closely with Anat and the team at Compugen, using my skills as a veteran CFO with strategic vision and substantial financial and capital market experience to accelerate our leadership in the DNAM-1 axis and advance our pipeline and our vision of transforming the lives of patients with cancer,” said Mr. Sessa.
Alberto brings more than 30 years of industry experience to Compugen by serving in public and private companies. Throughout his career he has gained vast experience in leading financing, investor relations, M&A, and business development transactions. He most recently served as acting CFO at several startup companies in the high-tech industry. Prior to this, as CFO at Nasdaq and TASE listed Allot, he was instrumental in helping turn around the company to reach a path of sustained growth. Previously, Alberto spent seven years as Worldwide Group CFO at Nasdaq listed Amdocs with responsibility for the global financial business activities. Alberto holds a Master of Business Administration and bachelor’s in economics and statistics from the Hebrew University of Jerusalem.
Companies In This Post
- Eloxx Pharmaceuticals Announces Final Data Assessment from Phase 2 Combination Clinical Trial of ELX-02 in Class 1 Cystic Fibrosis Patients Read more
- Verge Genomics Announces Positive Safety and Tolerability Data from the Phase 1 Clinical Trial of VRG50635, a Potential Best-in-Class Therapeutic for All Forms of ALS Read more
- DEM BioPharma Appoints Wendy Young, Ph.D., to Scientific Advisory Board Read more
- Confo Therapeutics Enters into Research Collaboration for GPCR-Targeting Antibody Discovery with AbCellera Read more
- Vyriad Announces Expansion of T-Cell Lymphoma Trial at Mayo Clinic Read more