Bayer Announces Christoph Koenen as New Global Head of Clinical Development and Operations within Pharmaceuticals Research and Development at Bayer
Bayer today announced Christoph Koenen as the new Global Head of Clinical Development and Operations within Research and Development at its Pharmaceuticals Division, effective January 1, 2022.
“We are very pleased to welcome Christoph Koenen to our R&D organization. Christoph brings with him broad development experience and a strong track record in cardiovascular and metabolic research in both the academic and industry settings,” said Dr. Christian Rommel, Head of Research and Development and Member of the Pharmaceuticals Executive Committee of Bayer AG. “He has deep knowledge in harnessing external partnerships and outstanding scientific collaborations with professional networks and health authorities worldwide.”
Christoph Koenen joins Bayer from Otsuka Pharmaceutical, where he most recently held the position of Chief Medical Officer. Prior to this, he held multiple senior leadership positions in clinical development at GlaxoSmithKline, Novo Nordisk, and Bristol Myers Squibb.
Christoph Koenen received his MD from Ruprecht-Karls-University, School of Medicine, Heidelberg, Germany, and is board-certified in internal medicine and diabetology. He received his MBA from Schiller International University, Florida/Heidelberg. Christoph Koenen practiced his residency in Internal Medicine with St Josefs Hospital, the teaching hospital of the University of Heidelberg, Germany. Through his professional experience, he has worked and lived in the United States, Germany, and various other European countries.
Companies In This Post
- Treadwell Therapeutics Announces the Appointment of Roger Sidhu, M.D., as Chief Medical Officer Read more
- Personalis and Moderna Sign New Agreement to Leverage NeXT Platform™ in Personalized mRNA Cancer Vaccine Clinical Trials Read more
- Trelleborg to Expand its BioPharmaceutical Manufacturing Footprint in Europe Read more
- Revive Therapeutics Enters into Research Collaboration Agreement with PharmaTher for Development of MDMA Transdermal Patch Read more
- Accenture Expands Strategy Capabilities in Life Sciences with the Acquisition of Bionest Read more