Amniotics Strengthens its Clinical and Regulatory Capabilities
Amniotics AB (publ) (Nasdaq Stockholm: AMNI), a developer of novel cell therapy products, has appointed Matilda Hugerth as head of clinical development. Amniotic’s team was also recently strengthened with Lars Larsson, as medical expert within respiratory diseases. The appointments strengthen the company’s internal drug development and regulatory expertise as Amniotics progresses its portfolio into clinical development.
Matilda Hugerth, who has joined Amniotic´s management team, has more than 20 years of drug development experience from various roles in pharmaceutical companies including Lundbeck, UCB, Novartis and most recently Abliva. Her expertise includes clinical development strategies with experience from all clinical phases in the areas of regulatory, project management, clinical operations, clinical quality assurance, and medical affairs. She holds a Master of Pharmaceutical Science from Uppsala University and is a registered pharmacist.
Lars Larsson became MD at the University of Umeå, Sweden in 1977 and holds board certificates in Internal Medicine, Pulmonary Medicine and Allergy, respectively. He is Associated Professor in pulmonary medicine at the University of Umeå. He joined Astra (later AstraZeneca) in 1995. He has since held positions in clinical development in Pharmacia, Novartis and as VP and CMO of several biotech companies. Lars Larsson has been involved in all stages of drug development of biopharmaceuticals, large molecules and oligonucleotides, including inhaled delivery of large molecules.
“These are key roles for the clinical development of our portfolio and I am incredibly happy to have Matilda and Lars onboard. They bring extensive experience of how to optimally position novel treatments under development, as well as interacting with regulatory authorities, both in Europe, USA and Japan,” says Amniotics’ CEO Kåre Engkilde.
People In This Post
Companies In This Post
- NEC Establishes Subsidiaries in Europe for Strengthening Global AI Drug Development Business Read more
- Flare Therapeutics Further Strengthens Leadership Team with Key Executive Appointments and Promotions Read more
- Sensorion Appoints Khalil Barrage as Interim Chairman of the Board Read more
- Ablaze Pharmaceuticals Plans Development of Innovative GPC3 Targeted Radiopharmaceutical Therapy for Liver Cancer in Greater China Read more
- Hansa Biopharma Completes Enrollment in Phase 2 Study of Imlifidase in Guillain-Barré Syndrome (GBS) Read more