Abbott Senior Medical Director joins Nutromics as inaugural Chief Medical Officer
Australian and US MedTech start-up Nutromics (Nutromics or the Company), a global leader in DNA-based biosensors, today announced that Dr Agim Beshiri, most recently Senior Medical Director at Abbott Laboratories, has joined the organisation as its inaugural Chief Medical Officer (CMO).
Dr Beshiri is an accomplished senior medical device executive with special expertise in developing and implementing diagnostics research for biomarkers and has supported over 900 publications in Cardiology, Infectious Disease, and Oncology. Dr. Beshiri was most recently a Senior Medical Director at Abbott Laboratories, a MedTech leader valued at over $200 billion and known for its Freestyle Libre and Lingo biosensors. He has over 20 years of experience in the diagnostic space and specialises in lab medicine, and internal medicine.
Commenting on the hire, co-founder and co-CEO Hitesh Mehta said “Medical Affairs is a critical function for all life sciences companies. So, when we decided to hire for this role we invested in a global search for a true CMO who would challenge us and ensure we stay true to our values, whilst developing and commercialising an extraordinary technology. In each of our meetings with Dr. Beshiri we found that he was aligned with Nutromics’ vision and values, the most critical deciding factor.”
Hitesh continues “Dr. Beshiri is a world-class hire and a fantastic start in our US hiring drive. Having him join Nutromics is a testament to the potential of our technology, especially in its ability to close major gaps in unmet clinical needs. This is one of many big achievements we have planned for 2022!”
Based in the United States (US), Dr Beshiri will be leading the charge on Nutromics’ medical research, regulatory engagement, clinical development, and hospital partnerships. “I am excited to play my part in transforming Nutromics’ innovative technology into a clinically implementable technology in a clinician’s hands. This will drive both improved patient management by clinicians as well as improved outcomes because continuous monitoring has been missing from the diagnostics space in the last 50 years”, he said.
- Eloxx Pharmaceuticals Announces Final Data Assessment from Phase 2 Combination Clinical Trial of ELX-02 in Class 1 Cystic Fibrosis Patients Read more
- Verge Genomics Announces Positive Safety and Tolerability Data from the Phase 1 Clinical Trial of VRG50635, a Potential Best-in-Class Therapeutic for All Forms of ALS Read more
- DEM BioPharma Appoints Wendy Young, Ph.D., to Scientific Advisory Board Read more
- Confo Therapeutics Enters into Research Collaboration for GPCR-Targeting Antibody Discovery with AbCellera Read more
- Vyriad Announces Expansion of T-Cell Lymphoma Trial at Mayo Clinic Read more