Sumitovant Biopharma Completes Acquisition of Myovant Sciences
Sumitovant Biopharma and Myovant Sciences announced today that Sumitovant has successfully completed its acquisition of Myovant originally announced October 23, 2022. Sumitovant has acquired all outstanding shares of Myovant not already owned by Sumitovant Biopharma in an all-cash deal with a total transaction value of approximately $1.7 billion. With the completion of the acquisition, Myovant will be delisted from the New York Stock Exchange, and its shares will no longer be publicly traded.
“We are excited to have officially completed our acquisition of Myovant and look forward to working together to address unmet needs in women’s health and prostate cancer,” said Myrtle Potter, CEO of Sumitovant Biopharma. “By combining our unique expertise, platforms and resources, we will be better positioned to drive the growth of Myovant’s products and accelerate the development of our robust combined pipeline.”
“I am confident that bringing together the capabilities and strengths of Sumitovant and Myovant will best position us to continue delivering innovative therapies to patients sooner and accelerate the potential opportunities for ORGOVYX® and MYFEMBREE®,” said Hiroshi Nomura, CEO of Sumitomo Pharma.
“I look forward to all we will be able to achieve with the support of Sumitovant and Sumitomo Pharma to expand the impact of our differentiated therapies and advance our clinical programs,” said David Marek, CEO of Myovant. “We remain steadfast in our commitment to advance life-changing medicine and health equity for the patient communities we serve.”
- OliX Pharmaceuticals Receives Regulatory Approval to Commence Phase 1 Clinical Trial of Treatment of Androgenic Alopecia Read more
- Bayer Expands Global Clinical Program for NUBEQA® (darolutamide) in Prostate Cancer Read more
- BIOTECanada Welcomes Government of Canada’s Strategy on Improving Access to Care for Patients with Rare Diseases Read more
- Marinus Pharmaceuticals Receives FDA Orphan Drug Designation for Ganaxolone in the Treatment of Lennox-Gastaut Syndrome Read more
- Aurion Biotech Receives Approval from Japan’s PMDA for New Drug Application Read more