Boston Scientific Closes Acquisition of Apollo Endosurgery
Boston Scientific today announced the close of its acquisition of Apollo Endosurgery, a publicly traded medical technology company primarily focused on the design, development and commercialization of next-generation, less invasive medical devices to advance gastrointestinal therapeutic endoscopy and endobariatrics.
“The close of this acquisition is an exciting step forward in our ability to provide our customers and their patients with a more comprehensive suite of endoluminal surgery (ELS) and endobariatric solutions,” said Mike Jones, senior vice president and president, Endoscopy, Boston Scientific. “We look forward to welcoming new talent to our Endoscopy team that will help advance innovation for physicians to improve patient care.”
The addition of Apollo Endosurgery devices will expand upon the current Boston Scientific ELS portfolio and capabilities, particularly in the areas of closure and suturing, while enabling a measured entry into the endobariatric market.
Boston Scientific announced a definitive agreement to acquire Apollo Endosurgery on November 29, 2022 for a cash price of $10 per share, reflecting an enterprise value of approximately $615 million, subject to closing adjustments. The transaction’s estimated impact to adjusted earnings per share is expected to be immaterial in 2023, and accretive thereafter.
Companies In This Post
- Eloxx Pharmaceuticals Announces Final Data Assessment from Phase 2 Combination Clinical Trial of ELX-02 in Class 1 Cystic Fibrosis Patients Read more
- Verge Genomics Announces Positive Safety and Tolerability Data from the Phase 1 Clinical Trial of VRG50635, a Potential Best-in-Class Therapeutic for All Forms of ALS Read more
- DEM BioPharma Appoints Wendy Young, Ph.D., to Scientific Advisory Board Read more
- Confo Therapeutics Enters into Research Collaboration for GPCR-Targeting Antibody Discovery with AbCellera Read more
- Vyriad Announces Expansion of T-Cell Lymphoma Trial at Mayo Clinic Read more