Sesen Bio Stockholders Approve Merger with Carisma Therapeutics
Sesen Bio, today announced that its stockholders have voted to approve all proposals, including the pending merger with Carisma Therapeutics, at the Company’s Special Meeting of Stockholders (the “Special Meeting”) held earlier today.
Dr. Thomas Cannell, President and Chief Executive Officer of Sesen Bio, said, “We are pleased with the outcome of today’s Special Meeting and thank our stockholders for their support of the merger with Carisma. The fact that over 88% of stockholders voted in favor of the merger provides further confidence that our thorough strategic process maximizes value for stockholders. Throughout the process, we have been actively conserving capital and we are closing the merger with approximately $150 million in cash and cash equivalents, of which roughly half will go directly to Sesen Bio stockholders in the form of a $75 million special dividend we announced today, with the remainder going toward funding the combined company.”
“Looking ahead, our stockholders are positioned to benefit from the upside potential of ownership in the combined company, as well as the CVR, which provides additional potential cash upside from any sale of Sesen Bio’s legacy assets, including Vicineum, and from the potential $30 million milestone payment under the Roche Asset Purchase Agreement. We look forward to completing the merger and realizing our bright future with Carisma.”
Based on a preliminary count of the voting results from today’s meeting of stockholders, more than 88% of the votes cast were voted in favor of Proposal No. 1 to approve the issuance of Sesen Bio common stock to Carisma stockholders in the merger and approximately 86% of votes were cast in favor of Proposal No. 2, representing more than 57% of outstanding shares of Sesen Bio common stock, to approve the amendment to Sesen Bio’s certificate of incorporation to effect a reverse stock split of outstanding shares of Sesen Bio common stock at a ratio of 1-for-20. The approval of Proposal Nos. 1 and 2 was needed to complete the merger. Sesen Bio currently anticipates that the reverse stock split will become effective after trading hours on March 7, 2023, such that trading of post-split Carisma (“CARM”) common stock will commence on March 8, 2023.
- Eloxx Pharmaceuticals Announces Final Data Assessment from Phase 2 Combination Clinical Trial of ELX-02 in Class 1 Cystic Fibrosis Patients Read more
- Verge Genomics Announces Positive Safety and Tolerability Data from the Phase 1 Clinical Trial of VRG50635, a Potential Best-in-Class Therapeutic for All Forms of ALS Read more
- DEM BioPharma Appoints Wendy Young, Ph.D., to Scientific Advisory Board Read more
- Confo Therapeutics Enters into Research Collaboration for GPCR-Targeting Antibody Discovery with AbCellera Read more
- Vyriad Announces Expansion of T-Cell Lymphoma Trial at Mayo Clinic Read more