Roche Launches the AVENIO Edge System to Simplify and Automate Next-generation Sequencing Sample Preparation, Reduce Human Error and Advance Precision Medicine
Roche (SIX: RO, ROG; OTCQX: RHHBY) today announced the launch of the AVENIO Edge System, a core component of Roche’s strategy to advance sequencing technologies. Built on best-in-class foundational capabilities to deliver a fully-automated, integrated sequencing solution.
The AVENIO Edge System is a pre-analytical platform for sequencing library preparation, target enrichment and quantification steps that deliver integrated, end-to-end control with reliable, consistent high-quality results.
“Roche is committed to developing diagnostic solutions with the goal of providing the healthcare community with faster and more accurate medical information to predict risk and detect disease,” said Thomas Schinecker, CEO Roche Diagnostics. “We are pleased to offer next-generation sequencing laboratories and translational researchers the new automated AVENIO Edge System that aims to drastically reduce human error and help ensure fast, reliable and accurate results.”
Next-generation sequencing samples are precious. Every step of sample preparation has the potential to impact results. The AVENIO Edge System’s high reproducibility and low error rate can support the goal of reducing the number of rejected samples which otherwise might have to be re-collected.
The new AVENIO Edge System offers ready-to-use components in addition to customisable workflow parameters, making it a scalable, cost-efficient solution for sequencing laboratories seeking high performance and agility. With a setup to initiation of 20 minutes, this walkaway system demonstrated more than a 96 percent lower error opportunity and an 84 percent reduction in hands-on time.
The AVENIO Edge System will be available at select locations worldwide with timelines that vary country by country.
People In This Post
Companies In This Post
- Treadwell Therapeutics Announces the Appointment of Roger Sidhu, M.D., as Chief Medical Officer Read more
- Personalis and Moderna Sign New Agreement to Leverage NeXT Platform™ in Personalized mRNA Cancer Vaccine Clinical Trials Read more
- Trelleborg to Expand its BioPharmaceutical Manufacturing Footprint in Europe Read more
- Revive Therapeutics Enters into Research Collaboration Agreement with PharmaTher for Development of MDMA Transdermal Patch Read more
- Accenture Expands Strategy Capabilities in Life Sciences with the Acquisition of Bionest Read more