Roche Launches Cobas 5800, a New Molecular Diagnostics System to Expand Access to Testing and Improve Patient Care
Roche (SIX: RO, ROG; OTCQX: RHHBY) today announced the launch of the cobas® 5800 System, a new molecular laboratory instrument, in countries accepting the CE mark. Testing is one of the first lines of defense to protect a patient’s general well-being and is vitally important in quickly guiding their treatment. The cobas 5800 System helps address challenges that laboratories are facing from an increase in patient testing, reimbursement complexities and the need for a more diverse testing menu while providing meaningful and timely results.
“Diagnostics continue to revolutionise how providers care for patients, and it is essential, now more than ever, that the healthcare community has access to reliable and accurate testing solutions,” said Thomas Schinecker, CEO Roche Diagnostics. ”We are pleased that we can now offer a compact, fully-automated molecular system such as the cobas 5800 System. This new system helps to address the high demands on labs through greater efficiency, optimised workflows and cost savings, enabling them to deliver quality patient care.”
The cobas 5800 system, the newest member of the Roche Molecular Work Area, is built upon the innovation of the cobas® 6800 and cobas® 8800 systems, making molecular testing accessible to more patients around the world.
Roche anticipates receiving U.S. Food and Drug Administration approval during Q3 2022.
People In This Post
Companies In This Post
- Charles River and INADcure Announce Gene Therapy Manufacturing Collaboration Read more
- Experimental Cancer Drug May Slow Inflammation Linked to Heart Disease Read more
- Genmab Showcases Data From Comprehensive Epcoritamab Development Program in Patients Across B-Cell Lymphomas Read more
- Quell Therapeutics Signs Agreement with AstraZeneca to Develop and Commercialize Engineered Treg Cell Therapies for Autoimmune Diseases Read more
- Astellas and Kate Therapeutics Announce Exclusive License Agreement for KT430 Read more