Personalis Selected for Clinical Research by AstraZeneca After Successful Evaluation of Whole Genome-Based Molecular Residual Disease Assay
Personalis, a leader in advanced genomics for precision oncology, today announced it will continue its collaboration with AstraZeneca, a global science-led biopharmaceutical company, to explore ultra-sensitive molecular residual disease (MRD) measurement, including clinically relevant and personalized variant tracking, for clinical research and drug development.
The two companies are collaborating to evaluate the sensitivity and specificity potential of whole-genome-informed circulating tumor DNA (ctDNA) testing, while simultaneously detecting and quantifying clinically relevant mutations in ctDNA that may be used in the future to help guide therapy when cancer is detected. One trial, called CALLA, will investigate the role of ctDNA and HPV detection in plasma in locally advanced cervical cancer.
“Personalis designed NeXT Personal to provide ultra-high sensitivity and specificity for MRD detection. Our whole-genome, tumor-informed approach improves ctDNA measurement even when the plasma tumor fraction is exceptionally low, which is the case in multiple cancers with low mutational burden. We are pleased that AstraZeneca is prioritizing such sensitivity, with the aim of enabling earlier and more personalized interventions for patients,” said Christopher Hall, President and CEO of Personalis.
As part of the collaboration, Personalis’ NeXT Personal assay for liquid biopsy will aim to provide ultra-sensitive measurement of MRD, on-treatment therapy resistance tracking, and better differentiation between responders and non-responders, as well as investigate the underlying mechanisms driving cancer.
- Eloxx Pharmaceuticals Announces Final Data Assessment from Phase 2 Combination Clinical Trial of ELX-02 in Class 1 Cystic Fibrosis Patients Read more
- Verge Genomics Announces Positive Safety and Tolerability Data from the Phase 1 Clinical Trial of VRG50635, a Potential Best-in-Class Therapeutic for All Forms of ALS Read more
- DEM BioPharma Appoints Wendy Young, Ph.D., to Scientific Advisory Board Read more
- Confo Therapeutics Enters into Research Collaboration for GPCR-Targeting Antibody Discovery with AbCellera Read more
- Vyriad Announces Expansion of T-Cell Lymphoma Trial at Mayo Clinic Read more