Nona Biosciences Enters into Antibody Discovery Agreement with OPKO Health’s ModeX Therapeutics
Nona Biosciences, a wholly-owned subsidiary of HBM Holdings Limited, committed to cutting-edge antibody technology innovation and provider of integrated solutions from “Idea to IND” (I to ITM), today announced it has entered into an agreement with ModeX Therapeutics, an OPKO Health company, for the use of Nona’s platforms to support ModeX’s development of multispecific antibody therapeutics.
Under the terms of the agreement, ModeX will have access to Nona Bioscience’s fully human Harbour Mice® platforms to accelerate discovery of monoclonal antibodies to be integrated into ModeX’s MSTAR platform. This is intended to significantly reduce an often time-consuming step of the preclinical development process. The MSTAR platform is designed to layer multispecific functionality onto industry-standard antibody designs to enable a much wider range of functionality and disease applicability. The collaboration aims to leverage each company’s unique strengths to drive forward the discovery of cutting edge treatments.
“We are delighted to enter into this collaboration with ModeX Therapeutics,” Jingsong Wang, M.D., Ph.D., Chairman of Nona Biosciences, said, “We believe that our discovery platforms are highly complementary to ModeX’s approach and are pleased to be able to offer a solution with the potential to speed the discovery of antibodies that ModeX can leverage in multispecific research and development.”
“We look forward to partnering with Nona Biosciences to accelerate and enhance our discovery of novel multispecific antibody constructs that our team can advance into clinical development,” said John Mascola, M.D., Chief Scientific Officer at ModeX.
- Eloxx Pharmaceuticals Announces Final Data Assessment from Phase 2 Combination Clinical Trial of ELX-02 in Class 1 Cystic Fibrosis Patients Read more
- Verge Genomics Announces Positive Safety and Tolerability Data from the Phase 1 Clinical Trial of VRG50635, a Potential Best-in-Class Therapeutic for All Forms of ALS Read more
- DEM BioPharma Appoints Wendy Young, Ph.D., to Scientific Advisory Board Read more
- Confo Therapeutics Enters into Research Collaboration for GPCR-Targeting Antibody Discovery with AbCellera Read more
- Vyriad Announces Expansion of T-Cell Lymphoma Trial at Mayo Clinic Read more