Machine Solutions Acquires Vela Technologies
Machine Solutions, a provider of advanced equipment and services for the medical device market, has acquired Vela Technologies Inc. Headquartered in San Diego, Vela designs and manufactures proprietary 3D UV curing equipment used for medical devices (catheters, guidewires and adhesive bonding), as well as in industrial applications (lens coatings, coated tube, wire and cable, and electronics).
Through the acquisition of Vela, Machine Solutions continues to expand the medical device manufacturing automation technologies offered by its industry-leading brands, including MSI, Steeger USA, Vante, PlasticWeld Systems, Crescent Design, Beahm Designs, BW-TEC, SEBRA and Intec Automation. Machine Solutions’ strategy of providing the most comprehensive range of solutions for customers in the medical and life sciences industries drives the rapid development and efficient manufacturing of groundbreaking, life-saving products.
“Vela’s innovative 3D UV curing technology is solidifying its place as the industry standard in the medical device manufacturing industry,” said Machine Solutions President Brian Strini. “We are excited to add another best-in-class technology to our solutions portfolio, and look forward to the additional capabilities we can bring to our customers.”
The Vela team will continue to grow and develop state-of-the-art equipment, with additional global sales and service support from Machine Solutions.
“We are honored to join such a top-quality partner,” said Vela President Joseph Stumpf. “The Vela team will remain in place with added depth and capabilities to serve our existing and new customers.”
Vela is Machine Solutions’ ninth acquisition since joining the BW Forsyth Partners family of companies in 2012.
- Treadwell Therapeutics Announces the Appointment of Roger Sidhu, M.D., as Chief Medical Officer Read more
- Personalis and Moderna Sign New Agreement to Leverage NeXT Platform™ in Personalized mRNA Cancer Vaccine Clinical Trials Read more
- Trelleborg to Expand its BioPharmaceutical Manufacturing Footprint in Europe Read more
- Revive Therapeutics Enters into Research Collaboration Agreement with PharmaTher for Development of MDMA Transdermal Patch Read more
- Accenture Expands Strategy Capabilities in Life Sciences with the Acquisition of Bionest Read more