LegoChem Biosciences Signs License Agreement to Acquire First-in-class Antibody From Elthera
LegoChem Biosciences announced on February 13, 2023 a license agreement with Elthera AG, a biotechnology company in Switzerland, to develop and commercialize a novel antibody-drug conjugate (ADC) therapy using a monoclonal antibody developed by Elthera.
The licensed asset is a monoclonal antibody with a target expressed in a variety of solid tumors including pancreatic, ovarian, breast, lung, and colorectal cancer. Under the terms of the agreement, LegoChemBio will be responsible for the future development and commercialization of any products incorporating this antibody. Elthera will receive an upfront payment and is eligible to receive progress-dependent development and regulatory milestone payments as well as cumulative commercial milestone payments. Elthera will additionally receive royalties on net product sales.
“We are very pleased to enter into this license agreement with LegoChem Biosciences, a global ADC company with industry-leading ADC technology,” said Anne Schmidt, CEO of Elthera. “This agreement is the result of a fruitful collaboration with LegoChemBio, demonstrating the outstanding quality and therapeutic potential of our antibody. The combination with LegoChemBio’s ConjuAll technology generates a well-differentiated first-in class ADC with a wide therapeutic window that has the potential to provide new treatment options for a large number of solid tumors.”
“We are pleased to enter this agreement with Elthera as we continue to expand our toolbox to maximize the value of our ADC platform. We look forward to bringing this innovative ADC drug into the clinic as LCB’s fifth ADC,” said Dr. Yong-Zu Kim, CEO of LegoChem.
Companies In This Post
- Flare Therapeutics Further Strengthens Leadership Team with Key Executive Appointments and Promotions Read more
- Sensorion Appoints Khalil Barrage as Interim Chairman of the Board Read more
- Ablaze Pharmaceuticals Plans Development of Innovative GPC3 Targeted Radiopharmaceutical Therapy for Liver Cancer in Greater China Read more
- Hansa Biopharma Completes Enrollment in Phase 2 Study of Imlifidase in Guillain-Barré Syndrome (GBS) Read more
- ProJenX Announces Formation of Scientific Advisory Board for Development of ALS Treatment Read more