Hinge Health Launches HingeConnect to Integrate with 750,000+ Providers and Enable Real-time Interventions
Today, Hinge Health, the world’s most complete Digital Musculoskeletal Clinic™, launches HingeConnect to set a new standard in personalized care via seamless electronic medical record (EMR) integration, real-time interventions, and robust care coordination between digital and in-person providers.
The pandemic prompted a surge in digital care, providing Americans with greater access to convenient care. However, it also exposed a lack of coordination between in-person and digital providers, which can result in a poor participant experience, lower-quality care, and higher costs. This is especially relevant in musculoskeletal (MSK) health because ineffective care results in prolonged pain and increased costs and because 1% of plan members drive 55% of MSK costs.
How HingeConnect works:
- Real-time interventions. EMR data from 750,000 providers across 71,000 care sites is proactively monitored to identify opportunities to offer less-invasive care by flagging select orders, such as surgery referrals or opiate prescriptions. Our care team can then intervene in real time with noninvasive and nonaddictive alternatives, such as digital care programs or the groundbreaking impulse therapy device, the Hinge Health Enso.
- Personalized and coordinated care plans. Each member’s medical history is automatically compiled to inform the Hinge Health care team of issues such as injuries, pain medication use, and comorbid conditions so care plans can be personalized and care coordinated.
- Integrated medical history. By securely sharing Hinge Health outcome data with members’ external care providers, the platform promotes robust care coordination with in-person providers.
“As digital care continues to grow, the opportunity and need to integrate with in-person care grows in lockstep,” said Dr. Michael Fredericson, Professor of Orthopedic Surgery at Stanford. “HingeConnect not only creates an integrated experience for members, but also affords Hinge Health the unique ability to identify patients early in their course of treatment.”
“HingeConnect uniquely empowers our care team to see the whole picture and seamlessly coordinate care,” said Dr. Jeff Krauss, Hinge Health’s chief medical officer. “What makes HingeConnect even more valuable is the speed at which our care team receives information: sometimes within an hour of an order being created. Our staff physicians can immediately intervene to offer alternatives to surgery, or our doctors of physical therapy can intervene to offer alternatives to opioids.”
- Cardiff Oncology Announces the Appointment of Fairooz Kabbinavar, MD, FACP, as Chief Medical Officer Read more
- iCRYO Announces Partnership with Therapeutic Manufacturer, BTL Read more
- Arrowhead Pharmaceuticals Initiates Phase 1/2a Study of ARO-MMP7 for Treatment of Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis Read more
- Agomab Reports Positive Phase 1 Results with AGMB-129, a GI-restricted ALK5 Inhibitor for Fibrostenosing Crohn’s Disease Read more
- Poseida Therapeutics Announces Board Change Read more