UK Vivan Therapeutics Secures Expanded Drug Discovery & Development Platform From Mount Sinai Health System in New York
My Personal Therapeutics Ltd. (trading as Vivan Therapeutics), a UK-based company, announces an expansion of its licensed technology rights from Mount Sinai Health System. Scientists at the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai Center for Personalized Cancer Therapeutics (CPCT) in New York (USA) developed a novel approach to cancer therapeutics. In April 2019, My Personal Therapeutics announced an exclusive license of the Personal Discovery Process technology from Mount Sinai for global commercialization. PDP leverages Big Data to build personalized “fruit fly avatars” that model the genetic complexity of each patient’s unique tumor network. Using advanced robotics, thousands of FDA approved drugs are screened in a variety of combinations to identify drug cocktails designed to target tumors. Today, the company announces the expansion of licensed processes to include exclusive drug discovery and development rights.
The Personal Discovery Process is currently being used to help patients and their clinicians discover improved personalized therapeutic solutions, and empower biopharma partners in their drug discovery and development programs. The technology enables screening of a vast array of drug combinations in disease-relevant patient models, as well as efficacy studies, evaluation of drug combinations, competitive profiling and rapid virtual clinical studies across numerous disease-relevant in-vivo models, including custom designed models. With its proprietary screening data, Vivan Therapeutics is building a powerful AI-driven digital health tool, which can potentially predict effective treatment options rapidly and inform drug discovery.
Laura Towart, CEO and Founder of Vivan Therapeutics commented, “This expanded technology license will bolster Vivan’s potential as a leader in personalized cancer therapeutics discovery and development. It is an important step for the company that will enable us to have wide reaching impact on oncology and rare genetic disease therapeutics.”
Erik Lium, Chief Commercial Innovation Officer of the Mount Sinai Health System said, “We look forward to Vivan advancing development of this technology into therapeutics that has the potential to address cancer with an innovative, personalized and effective approach.”
- Eloxx Pharmaceuticals Announces Final Data Assessment from Phase 2 Combination Clinical Trial of ELX-02 in Class 1 Cystic Fibrosis Patients Read more
- Verge Genomics Announces Positive Safety and Tolerability Data from the Phase 1 Clinical Trial of VRG50635, a Potential Best-in-Class Therapeutic for All Forms of ALS Read more
- DEM BioPharma Appoints Wendy Young, Ph.D., to Scientific Advisory Board Read more
- Confo Therapeutics Enters into Research Collaboration for GPCR-Targeting Antibody Discovery with AbCellera Read more
- Vyriad Announces Expansion of T-Cell Lymphoma Trial at Mayo Clinic Read more